Has anyone heard who from SU has been invited to the combine yet? | Syracusefan.com

Has anyone heard who from SU has been invited to the combine yet?

Nassib, Lemon, Shamarko will get invites, Sales might get one, Pugh will if he comes out. But other than that, I think that's it for NFL futures of our 2012 team

Shamarko has gotten one according to a picture he posted on his Twitter account.

Of the seniors below who do you think gets invited?

Ri'Shard Anderson

Ri'Shard has another year of eligibility and I would expect (hope) him to return next season.

Nassib, Lemon, Shamarko will get invites, Sales might get one, Pugh will if he comes out. But other than that, I think that's it for NFL futures of our 2012 team

Combine is for seniors only.

Edit: Upon further review, underclassmen can participate. I must have been thinking Senior Bowl.

Combine is for seniors only.

This is not accurate.

EDIT:

The first round of invites are seniors only. Sent following their final game of the season. All underclassmen who declare for the draft will be considered by a committee in late January.

Speaking of Senior Bowl, based on Manuel and Glennon committing to participate, it seems there is only 1 remaining QB spot on the East roster.

Who gets the nod, Smith or Nassib? Does Smith go on the West roster?

Shame if Nassib misses out on the Senior bowl.

Speaking of Senior Bowl, based on Manuel and Glennon committing to participate, it seems there is only 1 remaining QB spot on the East roster.

I believe the Senior Bowl goes North/South. The Shrine bowl goes East/West.

Although uncommon, it is not unheard of for players to play for the opposite directional should talent and availability demand it.

Nassib will be playing, as will Smith both are extremely touted prospects, they will get invites

I believe the Senior Bowl goes North/South. The Shrine bowl goes East/West.

Although uncommon, it is not unheard of for players to play for the opposite directional should talent and availability demand it.
Stand corrected once again. I think I'm going to take a break from posting the rest of today. :bat:

Stand corrected once again. I think I'm going to take a break from posting the rest of today. :bat:

Ha! Sorry, mate. It's still a concern. Still some QB's that could be invited.

Smith
Nassib
Barkley
Wilson
Landry Jones

Hopefully they don't fill up spots with Robinson and Klein to give them a chance to prove their prowess as a QB rather than a RB.

Let the Shrine Bowl be the spot for that and for guys like Dysert and Carder from MAC schools.

My guess would be Nassib, Pugh, Shamarko, Lemon and maybe a darkhorse like Goggins

Goggins for sure so he can amaze with his freak-like workout numbers.

I think Goggins could contribute to an NFL team if given the chance.
If given the chance Goggins could be Freeney like with his strength and speed at DE the only problem is his lack of size. I think he is listed at 6'1" which probably means 5'11".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom