Has JB ever fire an asst? | Syracusefan.com

Has JB ever fire an asst?

PoppyHart

All American
It seems like all the former assistants have moved on to greener pastures. I'm sure I'm missing a bunch, especially in the 80s, but off the top of my hea :

1. Orr (Siena?)
2. Welch (Prov?)
3. Hop (N/A)
4. Bernie (Not really JB's ecision)
5. Griff (Prov?)
6. Pitino (BU)
7. Willard (Holy Cross?)
8. Wayne Morgan (LB State)
9. Weaver (NBA)
10. Murph (EMU)
11. GMAC (N/A)
12. Autry (N/A)

It appears as though he's never ha to remove anyone.

I know there are others who were part of the staff (gra uate assistants, operations, etc...) like Laz, evo, etc...

Who am I missing?

Tim OToole was an assistant in the early 90s, then went to Duke.

No one was fired but a number moved on and not directly to head coaching jobs either. Do assistant coaches ever get fired any where unless they get caught doing something wrong during the season?

TIm Welch left SU to be an assistant at Iona. later he became Iona's head coach.

Allen Griffin left to be an assistant at St Francis after being an administrative assistant here.

Ralph Willard went to be a Knick's assistant , then an assistant at Kentucky.

Wayne Morgan did go to Long Beach St as head coach and then to Iowa St as an assistant before he was head coach there too.

TIm O'Toole left to be an assistant at Duke returned here 8 years later then left to be an assistant at Stanford.

There was also Rick Callahan, Brendan Malone, Chris Cordes, Mark Cubit, Mark Meadors, Barry Copeland.

ralph willard held head coaching jobs at western kentucky,pitt and holy cross. he's 318-227 career and a 3 time patriot league coach of the year.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom