• Dejuan Coleman

Votes: 24 75.0%
  • Amile Jefferson

Votes: 8 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Flacusian

All Conference
I know that Scout is a dirty word around here but I noticed on the scout site that Jefferson is listed as a prospect but that he has not been offered as yet. Is this true? We could certainly use him in the coming future.

Neither. I think DaJuan Coleman will be the next to pledge allegiance to the Orange.

I know that Scout is a dirty word around here but I noticed on the scout site that Jefferson is listed as a prospect but that he has not been offered as yet. Is this true? We could certainly use him in the coming future.

Scout never had SU on Jerami Grant's school list until September, and SU had offered from May lol.

I don't know why but my gut says that DC2 will commit during early signing and Jefferson won't commit until Spring signing ... I believe IMO that it has to do with the number of schools involved. DC2 has essentially cut his choices to 3 (and actually 2 b/c I believe OSU is out of it now - if they weren't I don't feel that they would be suddenly pushing for Tony Parker). Jefferson, on the other hand has still a large number of schools he is looking at and has barely begun making cuts.

I don't know why but my gut says that DC2 will commit during early signing and Jefferson won't commit until Spring signing ... I believe IMO that it has to do with the number of schools involved. DC2 has essentially cut his choices to 3 (and actually 2 b/c I believe OSU is out of it now - if they weren't I don't feel that they would be suddenly pushing for Tony Parker). Jefferson, on the other hand has still a large number of schools he is looking at and has barely begun making cuts.
Coleman said he will announce in early November... tick tick tick

Coleman said he will announce in early November... tick tick tick

November can't come soon enough ... I think we do need another top player in this class in order to take some of the presure off next years must have class

November can't come soon enough ... I think we do need another top player in this class in order to take some of the presure off next years must have class
IMO Coleman is waiting to see what other players do. It's between SU and UK. I think OSU is out the window for him. He knows Triche, MCW, Cooney, Dirty, Fair, BMK, Dion, Mookie, Grant will be on SU and probably Fab and Rak also. What he doesn't know is who is going to be on UK's roster in 2012

i just saw some highlights of jefferson? WHATS the big deal about this guy? He seems to be a below the rim marginal athlete who can post up small high school players. Hes not quick, cant shoot and is ultra thin. He reminds me of CJ Fair without a hops.

can some one explain to me why hes such a cant-miss prospect?

What he doesn't know is who is going to be on UK's roster in 2012

He can only be sure that there will be no sophs, juniors, or seniors. Heck, even the incoming freshmen may not be eligible.

i just saw some highlights of jefferson? WHATS the big deal about this guy? He seems to be a below the rim marginal athlete who can post up small high school players. Hes not quick, cant shoot and is ultra thin. He reminds me of CJ Fair without a hops.

It's not exactly hard to find Jefferson appealing. Scouts seem to be big fans of his court intelligence and awareness. Sure, he needs to get bigger and fine-tune a jumper, but you can say the same thing about 90% of the non-DC2 forwards still in high school.

Jefferson can drive as well as show off a few moves in the paint. Looking at the current team, who can post someone up consistently?

Not sure what the venue was, but Dave Telep had a tweet how Jefferson pretty much took it to Kyle Anderson yesterday.

..in the Philadelphia vs. New Jersey battle...he outshone all other players. Here is the write-up by Telep and this just begs 'Cuse to go get 'em:
Standout performers

Amile Jefferson (Philadelphia/Friends Central)
2012, PF, 6-7, 190 pounds
"Most would agree that Jefferson is a strong candidate for postseason All-American honors. Anyone who saw him on Sunday got a look at a unique and motivated forward. Using a series of fakes and up-and-unders, Jefferson barely missed a shot and set the tone for Philly's mauling of the New Jersey seniors. His 30-point performance culminated with a drive down the center of the lane and a vicious dunk. Jefferson shot 13-of-14 in the lane and 1-for-3 from the perimeter, which is his area targeted for improvement. Someone's going to win a lot of games with him in the lineup."

Dave Telep ESPN

From post on board​

14-17 naaah we don't need anyone that efficient. :eek:

Lol. I was just watching the videos and i didnt get the hype. Of course i have nothing personal against the kid. If hes good i want him to go to the cuse.