Has there ever been a school year...? | Syracusefan.com

Has there ever been a school year...?

Vshukla

Walk On
When the Football team, the Men's Basketball team and the Men's Lacrosse team all won their last game of the season? Even in what was a down year for SU athletics (in the big 3 sports) I thought that was an interesting bit of trivia.

Last edited:
That is really interesting trivia. Obviously under unique circumstances, but still interesting. In 2003, obviously we won the last basketball game, football beat Notre Dame but lacrosse lost to Johns Hopkins.

When the Football team, the Men's Basketball team and the Men's Lacrosse team all won their last game of the season? Even in what was a down year for SU athletics (in the big 3 sports) I thoought that was an interestng bit of trivia.

1967-68.

Syracuse Football beat UCLA (No bowl game). [SU finished 8-2].

Syracuse Basketball beat Colgate (No Postseason). [SU finished 11-14].

Syracuse LAX beat Colgate (No Postseason). [NCAA Tournament didn't begin until 1971]

1967-68.

Syracuse Football beat UCLA (No bowl game). [SU finished 8-2].

Syracuse Basketball beat Colgate (No Postseason). [SU finished 11-14].

Syracuse LAX beat Colgate (No Postseason). [NCAA Tournament didn't begin until 1971]

That was impressive.

Even though we had some negative outcomes, I think 1987 has been my favorite year ever as a fan. Undefeated football team with a season full of memorable, all-time great games.

Basketball team, first year after we fizzled out with the Pearl in the NCAAs at home and get crucified for it, we make the NCAA championship game, knocking out powerhouse programs along the way, and really, we were the better team.

In Lax, we might not have won the title that year, but of course we made the Final Four and Gary Gait had joined the Orange. His brother would be with us the next year.

The Giants won the Super Bowl behind Joe Morris, Lawrence Taylor and Phil Simms' near-perfect game.
Sure, the Yankees were only mediocre, and the Mets failed to defend their World Series title, but they were still a talented entertaining team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom