Has this ever been linked before? | Syracusefan.com

Has this ever been linked before?

http://www.hoop-math.com/SYRACUSE2013.html

This is awesome. My favorite is Southerland shooting 90% at the rim. Carter Williams 57% at the rim, which echoes what has been said here; he has trouble finishing. Scary one is Coleman is our worst shooter at the rim, 55%.
I don't think Coleman's case is that troubling. Dajuan clearly has a lot of work to do on his game. He needs to learn to finish strong at the rim and use his body more. He should be throwing down more dunks and when he does a lay up he nearly always throws the ball too hard off the backboard. Dajuan also keeps bringing the ball too low when he gets the ball. All of these issues I think are teachable. What isn't teachable is his rebounding and footwork which are both excellent. Coleman has all of the necessary tools, he just needs to figure out how to utilize them.

He should be throwing down more dunks and when he does a lay up he nearly always throws the ball too hard off the backboard. Dajuan also keeps bringing the ball too low when he gets the ball. All of these issues I think are teachable.

The latter is teachable. (Bringing the ball down. that killed me). But he doesn't dunk a lot because he doesn't have much lift. But Jared Sullinger didn't, he at least was at 66% at the rim last year, and 64% as a frosh. Neither total is that good, but it's better than 55%.

The latter is teachable. (Bringing the ball down. that killed me). But he doesn't dunk a lot because he doesn't have much lift. But Jared Sullinger didn't, he at least was at 66% at the rim last year, and 64% as a frosh. Neither total is that good, but it's better than 55%.
Hopefully he'll get better lift once he sheds more weight this offseason.

How do we get this thread pinned?
Just a fun set of stats to monitor throughout the season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom