Hathaway on CBS | Syracusefan.com

Hathaway on CBS

jdubs30

Living Legend
"No number seeds are set; UK and Syracuse have had great years, but until all the games are finished the #1 seeds aren't set"

Other notes:
* Said there's a half a dozen teams that could be 1 seeds
* All 37 at-large teams have been selected
* 5-8 of those teams could still be taken out of the bracket before tomorrow

BS. Cuse and UK are #1 seeds. Both are > than Kansas that already lost. ACC will get UNC or Duke but not both since one will lose the conference tourney and both have lessor records to SU and UK. Who's the 6th team I'm missing?

"No number seeds are set; UK and Syracuse have had great years, but until all the games are finished the #1 seeds aren't set"

Other notes:

I think he would have been better off saying: "All 37 at larges have been (kind of) selected."

BS. Cuse and UK are #1 seeds. Both are > than Kansas that already lost. ACC will get UNC or Duke but not both since one will lose the conference tourney and both have lessor records to SU and UK. Who's the 6th team I'm missing?
He actually said "when we talked yesterday it was half a dozen, that list might possibly be smaller now"; so I assume Kansas is out, but I think Michigan State has a solid shot, as does OSU.

And yeah we are obviously a lock. He mentioned us and UK right away when talkign about 1s, but he didn't say it was "a lock"

Missouri gets it if they win big 12 champ.

Ohio state could sneak in. Michigan state has a very very outside shot.

So they are going to seed all the teams after the Big 10 final tomorrow??? Good luck with that Jeff! May the force be with you

Other notes:

All 37 at large teams have been selected? It was that easy? No further discussion necessary? lol.

All 37 at large teams have been selected? It was that easy? No further discussion necessary? lol.
Yeah he said it right away. He said they have a list of teams that will be added if one of those at-larges unexpectedly win their conference tourney.

So they are going to seed all the teams after the Big 10 final tomorrow??? Good luck with that Jeff! May the force be with you

They'll have two versions of the bracket likely for whoever wins.

Yeah he said it right away. He said they have a list of teams that will be added if one of those at-larges unexpectedly win their conference tourney.

Kinda crazy. I always had this impression where they hammer it out deep into the night examining tons of data followed by intense discussion. Maybe they did that already.

Kinda crazy. I always had this impression where they hammer it out deep into the night examining tons of data followed by intense discussion. Maybe they did that already.
If you look around the country there aren't many bubble teams still playing. Hathaway said this is normal for most years, they're not ahead or behind schedule.

Other notes:
Hes full of .

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

It would be just like the Big 10 dominated NCAA Selection Committee to give a #1 seed to either Ohio St or Mich St. Never mind that both teams loss multiple games down the regular season stretch. They played well over a weekend in Indy that's what counts. LOL

It would be just like the Big 10 dominated NCAA Selection Committee to give a #1 seed to either Ohio St or Mich St. Never mind that both teams loss multiple games down the regular season stretch. They played well over a weekend in Indy that's what counts. LOL
Well Kansas would have had it if they didn't lose yesterday, they would have been the 4th. So it comes down to the Big 10 winner and Mizzou if they win the Big 12.

Nah, Sunday morning they break out the booze and cards, play poker till the selection show is over.

Mich St loss their last 2 regular season games. Ohio St loss 3 of their last 7. Kansas won their last 8 regular season to win their conference. A loss on Friday shouldn't cost them a #1 seed.

If you look around the country there aren't many bubble teams still playing. Hathaway said this is normal for most years, they're not ahead or behind schedule.

I don't know when they began deliberations but they've got another 24 hours to go but I guess it must have been so clear-cut that they didn't need the additional time. Never knew it was that easy. Just for PR sake alone I wouldn't want to paint that picture.

Nah, Sunday morning they break out the booze and cards, play poker till the selection show is over.

Yeah then they work on how they can hose somebody by having them play a lower seed in close proximity to that lower seed's neck of the woods.

Mich St loss their last 2 regular season games. Ohio St loss 3 of their last 7. Kansas won their last 8 regular season to win their conference. A loss on Friday shouldn't cost them a #1 seed.

i agree, kansas should be a 1, especially over missouri. they finished 2 games better than them over the course of a 16 game season, that should count more than a 3 day tournament...even though i think missouri is a better team haha

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk

Huh? What does it matter if at large unexpectedly wins conf tourney? It would just take the place of the expected champ, and they still wouldn't be able to add a team

Huh? What does it matter if at large unexpectedly wins conf tourney? It would just take the place of the expected champ, and they still wouldn't be able to add a team
I don't know that's what Hathaway said.

I don't know that's what Hathaway said.

Maybe they have 37 at larges and as any team wins any conf tournament, it opens an at large?

Just a guess... Hathaway lost me when he said Syracuse wasn't a set 1 seed yet. He sounded like a defense attny with his reasoning and I knew right then and there he wasn't going to give any legit answers so I flipped to 'why planes crash' on MSNBC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom