Have to beat UNC | Syracusefan.com

Have to beat UNC

SBU72

All Conference
Yesterday, which ever network that had the MVC and Big 10 conference games had a bracketologist on. He said that SU was last four in IF they beat UNC. I would suppose that discounts any other surprise conference tourney results.

I think at this point, we have to beat Wake Forest. Beating Wake puts us squarely on the edge, in my opinion. Get a few breaks from some other bubble teams losing and I think we sneak in. I think beating UNC guarantees us a spot, but losing to them wouldn't necessarily guarantee our bubble has burst. Gonna be a very fluid situation this week.

I think at this point, we have to beat Wake Forest. Beating Wake puts us squarely on the edge, in my opinion. Get a few breaks from some other bubble teams losing and I think we sneak in. I think beating UNC guarantees us a spot, but losing to them wouldn't necessarily guarantee our bubble has burst. Gonna be a very fluid situation this week.
Don't think just beating Wake does it.
There are too many teams that have more quality wins.
Need to get at least two in the "W" column...but one at a time.

Wake...you're next!

Need to beat Wake. That gives us a 33/66 shot imo. If we beat wake then win a second game i think that goes to 80/20

Last edited:
Yesterday, which ever network that had the MVC and Big 10 conference games had a bracketologist on. He said that SU was last four in IF they beat UNC. I would suppose that discounts any other surprise conference tourney results.
Last four in after beating UNC seems insane to me. We shouldn't be in a play-in game if we beat the Heels.

And if we’re fortunate enough to win against both wake and unc, we’d be higher than a play-in.

First things first but if we beat both Wake and UNC we are not in the play in game in my opinion

Just want to say, we’ve never won an acc tourney game and we’re 1-1 vs wake this year.

He said that SU was last four in IF they beat UNC. I would suppose that discounts any other surprise conference tourney results.
Yes, gotta beat Wake first, but this ^^^^ is accurate. Beat UNC, we be dancing!

Last four in after beating UNC seems insane to me. We shouldn't be in a play-in game if we beat the Heels.

Yea, I think we would move up to safety with 2 wins in the ACC, barring a bunch of bid stealers. I have us as last four in right now, (TCW Bracketology)and I think we would move into last team with a bye territory with two ACC wins.

Needless to say though, a Wake win and a NC loss leaves us right at the cut line, and the odds are a couple of bubble teams will finish stronger, knocking us out.

We beat UNC we are a 10 seed.

We beat Wake and lose to UNC its probable NIT but selection Sunday comes down to other bubble teams.

Lose to Wake it’s NIT next Tuesday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom