Have to root for Notre Dame tonight... | Syracusefan.com

Have to root for Notre Dame tonight...

cto

Administrator
They probably won't win at UNC, but it sure would be nice to give UNC a 5th loss in the ACC. That would clinch at least 3rd place for us because, no matter what we do, we hold the tie-breaker with them).

cto said:
They probably won't win at UNC, but it sure would be nice to give UNC a 5th loss in the ACC. That would clinch at least 3rd place for us because, no matter what we do, we hold the tie-breaker with them).

Correct but then we need unc to beat duke on saturday. I want unc in the semis. I dont care if they have won 11 in a row. Ft shooting will kill that team eventually and we had success against them.

We want UNC to win IMO. If Duke lost @Wake which is a trap game it would help them get the 3 seed if they lost over the weekend. We want UNC in the semifinals. They are better matchup that Duke. Plus, UNC is a better win on our resume if they are ranked higher. I feel we will beat Georgia Tech so even if we lost at FSU we would have the h2h tiebreaker with UNC for 3rd if they won both games.

Correct but then we need unc to beat duke on saturday. I want unc in the semis. I dont care if they have won 11 in a row. Ft shooting will kill that team eventually and we had success against them.
In that case, UNC and we would both have to win out... (giving us 3 and 4 hosses... and giving Duke 5). Does that mean I have to root for UNC tonght?

We are in pretty good shape, because someone has to lose on sat.

We own the tiebreaker against unc, anyone know what the tiebreaker situation is with Duke?

cto said:
In that case, UNC and we would both have to win out... (giving us 3 and 4 hosses... and giving Duke 5). Does that mean I have to root for UNC tonght?

Unc would bave to beat duke anyways so i want them to lose tonight

Unc would bave to beat duke anyways so i want them to lose tonight

Bh1N_ZzCQAAosyf.jpg:large

We are in pretty good shape, because someone has to lose on sat.

We own the tiebreaker against unc, anyone know what the tiebreaker situation is with Duke?

duke would have tiebreaker over us since they beat Virginia we lost assuming duke wins out and we split.

I think so... also, we need better quality wins. ND winning would dilute our UNC win more than our ND win would improve.

@JonesAngell: Talked to Coach Williams...the four seniors (including the three walk-ons) will start. McAdoo will be the fifth starter.

ND has made it a game. Still think unc pulls it out.

Two of the hottest teams in the country may be UNC and VA.

ND up under 4 minutes left, 56-54. Can't believe Paige only has 5.

Sloppy, sloppy second half for UNC. Glad the team has the rest of the week off after this to get ready for Duke, looks like they will need it.

Huh. That was an interesting ending.

Thinking maybe look for a three there?

I was hoping - it was a good take though. Paige just made a great block. Help side defense killed them all night - until then!