Have we congratulated the coaching staff yet? | Syracusefan.com

Have we congratulated the coaching staff yet?

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Czar/Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner PPG
They've really done a nice job the last couple years racking up top ten classes. JB has done a great job surrounding himself. He replaced Troy Weaver with Rob Murphy and now Red Autry. His consistency with Bernie, Hop, GMAC, Laz Sims and great alumni support from guys like Melo, DC and JW has really brought this program to a new level.

Arguably the mid to late 80's were the heydays of the program, now might be better.

Seriously, considering where we were even 10-12 years ago, getting kids like James Thues, Greg Davis, Billy Celuck (nothing against those guys; I'm sure they are great guys, but they didn't belong at SU), it's freaking night and day. We are officially back to being one of the true selector schools.

Seriously, considering where we were even 10-12 years ago, getting kids like James Thues, Greg Davis, Billy Celuck (nothing against those guys; I'm sure they are great guys, but they didn't belong at SU), it's freaking night and day. We are officially back to being one of the true selector schools.
Celuck is currently tending bar at a hole in the wall in Jessup, PA

I was hoping there would be a thread calling out the coaching staff for superb work in recruiting so I could cheer them on as well. Boeheim, Hopkins, et al have consistently been bringing in strong classes. Many kudos for their hard work in attracting good players & developing them into the strong teams we've had. Thank you!!

Excellent job! Now let's get past the Sweet 16 and make it mean something.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom