Have you noticed with the new shot clock | Syracusefan.com

Have you noticed with the new shot clock

Toga

Living Legend
that token pressure and then dropping into one's base defense, eats up a good 6 extra seconds off of the newly shortened shot clock? I don't mean when we do it - because we Don't Do It! This is such a no brainer it makes me crazy.

We had some great looks tonight. We needed to make more shots. Uconn is a good and well coached team. I thought we played well defensively.

Agreed. Gotta adapt. We adapted defensively around 2010 or so, and it worked out well. Time to do so again.

We had some great looks tonight. We needed to make more shots. Uconn is a good and well coached team. I thought we played well defensively.

Andrew White is getting better at the zone. We played some of our best defensive possessions tonight. Honestly the best one of the year so far is the one where FH fouled a guy taking a desperation three point shooter with 2 seconds on the shot clock (geez). But at the same time, in the first half we gave them probably 6 or 7 absolutely uncontested 3's. They missed basically all of them. Wisconsin, an actual good team, didn't. A good team would have beaten us by the 15-20 we're used to. That said if we had played to even a 10 year low on offense, we would have won by 10. Just a woeful loss.

Andrew White is getting better at the zone. We played some of our best defensive possessions tonight. Honestly the best one of the year so far is the one where FH fouled a guy taking a desperation three point shooter with 2 seconds on the shot clock (geez). But at the same time, in the first half we gave them probably 6 or 7 absolutely uncontested 3's. They missed basically all of them. Wisconsin, an actual good team, didn't. A good team would have beaten us by the 15-20 we're used to. That said if we had played to even a 10 year low on offense, we would have won by 10. Just a woeful loss.

UConn is not a good team, they played terrible...and they beat us. At least when St. John's beat us last year, they shot out of their minds. UConn was horrendous tonight.

We are not good at anything. I am officially very worried.

UConn is not a good team, they played terrible...and they beat us. At least when St. John's beat us last year, they shot out of their minds. UConn was horrendous tonight.

We are not good at anything. I am officially very worried.
Yeah I'd feel slightly better if Yukon shot 75 percent and won...this uh...

Is this a serious post? UConn is a terrible team that lost to Wagner and Northeastern at home. they suck. They even played poorly tonight. That is how bad we are playing.

that token pressure and then dropping into one's base defense, eats up a good 6 extra seconds off of the newly shortened shot clock? I don't mean when we do it - because we Don't Do It! This is such a no brainer it makes me crazy.
We did it the first few games and haven't done it since...

Is this a serious post? UConn is a terrible team that lost to Wagner and Northeastern at home. they suck. They even played poorly tonight. That is how bad we are playing.

It's what JB said in the presser.

if you have quick guards and some depth at the position you absolutely should be pressuring the ball backcourt. that's my opinion not JBs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom