HCSS on Upon Further Review right now | Syracusefan.com

HCSS on Upon Further Review right now

Just said spring game will start with 2 full 15 minute quarters like a real game

20000 fans in the dome - lofty goal, but thats coach R

spring game - 4 quarters, last 2 will be shorter. high intensity enviroment.
split teams, where the 1's get most of the first half work against the 2 and the 3s
1st half will be as real as possible, minus kick offs, kick returns
15 minute quarters for first half, 12 or so for the second. get out as healthy as possible

make sure the kids who put in the effort get some snaps

hope for a great turn out

Tempo in practice has been great.

winners and losers at every practice. there is a winner, there is a loser, its not about participation.
losers do updowns in front of the winners
kids took it and ran with it, made practice intense

QB-
three kids have competed well.
split all their reps in thirds at first.
hunt is in the lead, he will start with the 1s
every player gets better when they are afraid of losing their job
real pleased with Tim Lester

stand outs -
sproles,
the whole group up front. Need to be tight knit. Made good strides there

FS- edwards, makes alot of good plays

rattled off a few other names that stand out

morgan has been getting run at safety

funderburg - done a good job, long way to go. made some catches in the red zone.

Flemming - got beat up at times, big strong kid, really progressed

Deep at RB
Morris and McFarland, SS is real pleased with them

Broyld - playing well before injury, felt good with the new system

sorry for spelling, and typos. did this fast. Had someone walk into my office and try to talk, so I might have missed some

no mention of Hard Nosed ... He did say "intense" about 30 times tho

Let's see, if it works out right...

5 home games = 1 city
1 Metlife game = 1 city
6 away games = 6 cities
ACC championship = 1 city
Bowl = 1 city

Intensities in 10 Cities.
That's 6 home games and 5 road games... for a total of 9 cities.

Thanks. Any chance he beats out Wilkes?
Hope so. Never thought Wilkes was that good. Think Esk and Desir would be a very good safety tandem for us. Kelly will be in that mix too.

Any news on how Whigham as looked? I was really high on him and haven't heard much.

Hope so. Never thought Wilkes was that good. Think Esk and Desir would be a very good safety tandem for us. Kelly will be in that mix too.

I'm surprised you put Desir ahead of Morgan. I've never been impressed with Desir and thought Morgan passed him this spring (based on articles, which means nothing obviously). Has Desir bulked up to 170 yet?

I'm surprised you put Desir ahead of Morgan. I've never been impressed with Desir and thought Morgan passed him this spring (based on articles, which means nothing obviously). Has Desir bulked up to 170 yet?
Ritchy's ball skills are excellent IMO. I like Wayne but not sure if he's ready to be a 3 down safety. Think he'll play in the Okie though.

Ritchy's ball skills are excellent IMO. I like Wayne but not sure if he's ready to be a 3 down safety. Think he'll play in the Okie though.

I agree about Wilkes (previous post). He does have a lot of heart though. Not sure I trust Wilkes and Desir as tacklers/run support. Not a good combination, IMO. I am a big fan of the little I have seen of Morgan. I think he will be a play maker and hope he is on the field.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom