HDTV Recommendations | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

HDTV Recommendations

Not really available yet but in the close future, watch for OLED TVs (organic LEDs). Will knock your socks off. Very expensive to start, cheaper in time.

have samsung 60 inch that i got for 1k and love it. went non- smart tv and non 3d
I have Samsung 60", smart tv w/ 3D. Bought it two Decembers ago... Let's just say that one purchase has delivered me an immeasurable amount of pleasure for sports watching..

The Masters in 3D is the single greatest experience I've ever had with a tv...

You must be kidding correct? You are aware it is 2013 and zero companies make or sell these anymore?

You mean it's not 2009?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i didnt do the 3d i think mine is the 6100 .. but its a great tv and going to upgrade our living room to the 3d smart tv soon.. samsung does make a nice tv

Not really available yet but in the close future, watch for OLED TVs (organic LEDs). Will knock your socks off. Very expensive to start, cheaper in time.
What is "organic LED"?

What is "organic LED"?

There's plenty of info on internet about OLEDs. Not that many people know about it, but it's been in the development stage for quite some time. The Samsung Galaxy S3 and S4 have OLED screens, which will improve more over time. An OLED TV screen uses OLEDs (Organic Light Emitting Diodes). OLED TVs are brighter, more efficient (use less power), thinner, have very high contrast ratios, and better refresh rates than LCD or Plasma. OLED TVs are supposed to deliver incredible picture quality. OLEDs are made by placing thin films of organic (carbon-based) materials between two conductors. When electrical current is applied, a bright light is emitted. OLED materials emit light and do not require a backlight (unlike LCDs or backlit LEDs). Each pixel is a small light-emitting diode. LG and Samsung have started to produce OLED TVs (55 inch) but they are very expensive, but that'll change. Wait a year or two and you'll hear more about them. There is also OLED lighting in the future. More info at http://www.udcoled.com

There's plenty of info on internet about OLEDs. Not that many people know about it, but it's been in the development stage for quite some time. The Samsung Galaxy S3 and S4 have OLED screens, which will improve more over time. An OLED TV screen uses OLEDs (Organic Light Emitting Diodes). OLED TVs are brighter, more efficient (use less power), thinner, have very high contrast ratios, and better refresh rates than LCD or Plasma. OLED TVs are supposed to deliver incredible picture quality. OLEDs are made by placing thin films of organic (carbon-based) materials between two conductors. When electrical current is applied, a bright light is emitted. OLED materials emit light and do not require a backlight (unlike LCDs or backlit LEDs). Each pixel is a small light-emitting diode. LG and Samsung have started to produce OLED TVs (55 inch) but they are very expensive, but that'll change. Wait a year or two and you'll hear more about them. There is also OLED lighting in the future. More info at http://www.udcoled.com
I just had to look one up... Samsung 55" OLED currently going for $15K. It's curved though... interesting.

I just had to look one up... Samsung 55" OLED currently going for $15K. It's curved though... interesting.

If I recall correctly, OLEDs can be embedded into flexible membranes. In 5 years you will have a TV on your t-shirt.

If I recall correctly, OLEDs can be embedded into flexible membranes. In 5 years you will have a TV on your t-shirt.

Yes OLED screens can be flexible (FOLEDs), bendable, and even transparent (TOLEDs). For example, military could wear a bendable OLED screen on their wrists to help with their operations. You're right, could be on a T-shirt or car window I assume. Interesting stuff.

I had a big problem with soap opera effect on an LG TV I ended up returning a couple years ago. I have a 42" Panasonic LED now and really like it.

Plasma is definitely the best picture for sports, and as long as the room won't have direct sunlight on the screen the glare isn't a problem. I have two Samsung Plasma, both in bright rooms, but no direct sunlight hits the TV.