Head Coaches Pay From The NCAA Tourney | Syracusefan.com

Head Coaches Pay From The NCAA Tourney

does that include what jb makes from nike?

im pretty sure it includes the radio show

To get the full story, you need to get the numbers for the entire coaching staff and then compare the schools. Look at the SU assistant coaches sitting on its bench. Those guys are not hanging around for $1.98.

To get the full story, you need to get the numbers for the entire coaching staff and then compare the schools. Look at the SU assistant coaches sitting on its bench. Those guys are not hanging around for $1.98.

same goes for every other school.

wow. this is amazing. Maybe we wont be able to get a top notch guy when Jim retires, since they all make more than him now already.

does that include what jb makes from nike?

im pretty sure it includes the radio show
According to the methodology, pay from apparel companies (like Nike) are included in school pay. So SU is not paying all of the $1.8 million. If they ever had to hire a big name coach to replace JB it would be an enormous increase from the world the university is in now. Can't believe how "under paid" JB is by comparison to many of these coaches. He doesn't even have a bonus clause.

This is why I'm worried.

"Oh, you think you should make more money than the man who built this program? We'll be in touch..."

According to the methodology, pay from apparel companies (like Nike) are included in school pay. So SU is not paying all of the $1.8 million. If they ever had to hire a big name coach to replace JB it would be an enormous increase from the world the university is in now. Can't believe how "under paid" JB is by comparison to many of these coaches. He doesn't even have a bonus clause.

A couple of things.

1. Roy Williams is vastly underpaid as well. ( I know some posters think he sucks)
2. Syracuse basketball I believe was number two in total revenue for NCAA basketball programs behind Louisville I believe in 2013.
3. The basketball program had to carry the athletic department and in some cases still is because of the lacks of success and attendance in football.
4. I'm sure he gets incentive pay that isn't included, like it is stated for K, such as years of service etc...

Perhaps his 401K is blowing up and he has a good medical plan.

A couple of things.

1. Roy Williams is vastly underpaid as well. ( I know some posters think he sucks)
2. Syracuse basketball I believe was number two in total revenue for NCAA basketball programs behind Louisville I believe in 2013.
3. The basketball program had to carry the athletic department and in some cases still is because of the lacks of success and attendance in football.
4. I'm sure he gets incentive pay that isn't included, like it is stated for K, such as years of service etc...
5. SU is now making ACC money, not BE money. Not to worry...

Jb isn't a materialistic guy, he is making a good living, and is happy to do so. There is no question he could demand more money, but give the man credit for not being greedy.