Heading to the BC/Georgia Tech game tonite | Syracusefan.com

Heading to the BC/Georgia Tech game tonite

elimunelson

Solvay Fanatic
This is almost a trojan horse trip for me since it's operating as a highschool reunion but for PR Purposes (something to tell the wives in lieu of the inevitable booze fest that this trip will be) we will be going to the BC game on Saturday.

Looking forward to see how BC looks this year since they are going to be a game we NEED to win to have any bowl aspirations. I think Addazio is on the hot seat and our game will be huge for them as well.

Also, i'd love to know if we have been ever asked to do this Ireland game. It would be an interesting Irish dilemma if the "Orangemen" showed up in Dublin to play say the "Irish". May restart the Troubles.

Ireland's Flag - EnchantedLearning.com

The Republic of Ireland's flag is made of three equal-sized rectangles of orange, white, and green (this type of flag is called a tricolor). The flag is twice as wide as it is tall. The green side is by the flagpole. This flag was first used in 1848.

The green color on the flag represents the native people of Ireland (most of whom are Roman Catholic). The orange color represents the British supporters of William of Orange who settled in Northern Ireland in the 17th century (most of whom are Protestant). The white in the center of the flag represents peace between these two groups of people.

So what Ireland really needs is a college football game featuring Notre Dame against Syracuse.

In Belfast.

A true battle to the death. Except it refers to the fans instead of the players.

Just a joke. I am Irish and RC...

georgiatshirtKS.jpg

The shirts being sold in Dublin are awesomely bad.

If you get a chance for a nice dinner and don't have reservations yet, try l'Ecrivain. Had a great experience with their tasting menu with wine pairings. Also, the bar at the Weston makes some really great cocktails if that's something you enjoy.

8 Course Tasting Dinner Menu - l'Ecrivain Restaurant in Dublin

I'm staying in Bray with my buddies so our fine dining will be limited to County Wicklow. I am going to try as many Guinness as possible. I'm a cocktail guy but when in Rome...

is there TV for this game? can't seem to find any.

Wake, Louisville, NIT State and Connecticut all play tonight to.

Last edited:
is there TV for this game? can't seem to find any.

Wake, Louisville and Connecticut all play tonight to.

Tonight I'm going to try to catch Louisville and Connecticut.

People make fun of the SEC, but they're involved in 7 huge OOC games this weekend.

The Republic of Ireland's flag is made of three equal-sized rectangles of orange, white, and green (this type of flag is called a tricolor). The flag is twice as wide as it is tall. The green side is by the flagpole. This flag was first used in 1848.

The green color on the flag represents the native people of Ireland (most of whom are Roman Catholic). The orange color represents the British supporters of William of Orange who settled in Northern Ireland in the 17th century (most of whom are Protestant). The white in the center of the flag represents peace between these two groups of people.

So what Ireland really needs is a college football game featuring Notre Dame against Syracuse.

In Belfast.

A true battle to the death. Except it refers to the fans instead of the players.

It is ironic that Syracuse University is located in a city largely comprised of Italians and Irish, generally Catholic in religion, and has the teams named after a Protestant leader.

(Don't care whether it's true or not, makes for good discussion fodder to fill the next 29 hours until kickoff)

It is ironic that Syracuse University is located in a city largely comprised of Italians and Irish, generally Catholic in religion, and has the teams named after a Protestant leader.

(Don't care whether it's true or not, makes for good discussion fodder to fill the next 29 hours until kickoff)
That's why Le Moyne was founded. The Catholic leaders in town didn't want their parishioners going to a Methodist college when they returned home from WWII.

That's why Le Moyne was founded. The Catholic leaders in town didn't want their parishioners going to a Methodist college when they returned home from WWII.

I heard that but was never sure. I am all in favor of a ND home game being played in Ireland and billing it as Catholic/Protestant game to draw in the local fans. Anything that helps Europe get beyond soccer is good. Soccer is not bad, they just need other sports, too, you know, good ol' American sports like baseball, hoops Lacrosse (Native American).

I heard that but was never sure. I am all in favor of a ND home game being played in Ireland and billing it as Catholic/Protestant game to draw in the local fans. Anything that helps Europe get beyond soccer is good. Soccer is not bad, they just need other sports, too, you know, good ol' American sports like baseball, hoops Lacrosse (Native American).
More soccer the better :). Ireland has a sport called hurling that translates well to lacrosse.

Wake vs Tulane is sneaky good game. Coach Fritz blasted BG in their bowl game is at Tulane.

Tonight I'm going to try to catch Louisville and Connecticut.

People make fun of the SEC, but they're involved in 7 huge OOC games this weekend.
That Louisville game is also the debut of a Charlotte Frosh RB by the name of Robert Washington Jr. (#20)

In Belfast.

I would love for Syracuse to play ND at Croke Park. I saw a hurling match between Galway and Kilkenny there last summer. It isn't the fanciest stadium in the world but it has a ton of history and until recently they didn't even allow non GAA sports to be played there.

Croke Park - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia