Heard it here first | Syracusefan.com

Heard it here first

AJDavCuse

Walk On
We beat Virginia going away

- Cooney got open looks he just missed shots he's mostly made this season. 3-19 last three games and still around 40% on season. Due to breakout. He's a legs shooter. Needs some some rest.
- Rak's head wasn't in it tonight. I thought there were a couple borderline offensive calls. He bounces back.
- CJ's midrange game is back.
- Grant gets some rest and keeps playing like he has. Can't wait for a spin move to tomahakw dunk on somebody.
- Ennis has been asked to score more. Duke was an anomaly. He can put the ball in the basket.
- BMK back healthy and MG have begun to contribute more.
- We consciously slowed the ball down tonight to shorten game after losing JG and getting up 10-12. Not much from Cooney, Grant, Rak and still won by taking air out of ball. I thought we went stall ball crazy early tonight. Took a lot of shots with little time on clock. Often tough shots.
- Biggest reason. JB is clearly fired up. Duke lit that fire. Turgeon comments will turn it into inferno. JB knows the magnitude. He knows the southern contingent of the ACC doesn't want the northerners with the crazy coach to win the league in their first year. It a statement game for us as much it is them. JB gets that and will have us ready.

I see all the recent weakness on the offensive side of the ball. Would have been a huge choke job tonight but I thought we looked good early, then JG went out and guys looked a little out of sorts and JB went crazy conservative. Hearing JB say Ennis was asked to score more is a good thing if he meant in general vs just because JG went out. Defense is so consistent and solid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom