Heels dissing JB? | Syracusefan.com

Heels dissing JB?

I'm sure the author has never said anything disagreeable in his entire life. If he did, good thing his audience is limited, otherwise bloggers would probably take notice and write about it.

First, I get what JB said and appreciate his straight talk.
That said, I have no problem with Carolinians defending one of their own.

As much as I dislike the Tar Holes...there is no comparing Chapel Hill with Syracuse.
That's not a contest..let alone one the Orange can win.

The column mentions that the ACC is going to try to catch some attention Monday with events in NYC.
Ringing the closing bell at the NASDAQ?
It's interesting that the official NASDAQ press release lists Syracuse third among the new teams...after Notre Dame and Pitt.
They're probably just playing it safe and listing in alphabetical order.
But, still a slight which we should carry with us.

Pretty much a richard comment by JB. Maybe there's a backstory (did we recruit Green, is there bad blood, etc...?) but blaming or summarizing the NBA Finals with this comment is myopic and akin to blaming the Yankees sweep by the Tigers last year on Raul Ibanez proving that he's a journeyman.

I doubt that JB made the comment based solely on the last two playoff games. He must have seen similar shortcomings in games before that. He wasn't dissing anyone, just telling it like it is in his judgment.

As much as I dislike the Tar Holes...there is no comparing Chapel Hill with Syracuse.
That's not a contest..let alone one the Orange can win.

The column mentions that the ACC is going to try to catch some attention Monday with events in NYC.
Ringing the closing bell at the NASDAQ?
It's interesting that the official NASDAQ press release lists Syracuse third among the new teams...after Notre Dame and Pitt.
They're probably just playing it safe and listing in alphabetical order.
But, still a slight which we should carry with us.

Right on - We should be angry that 'S' comes after 'P' and 'N'. Anyone not in favor of reversing the alphabet is a Syracuse hater.

I hate these Boeheim comments...simply for the telegraphed responses.

The only thing is the facts show Green didn't deliver in the key moments, and JB was right about him. A lot of people do great when the spotlight doesn't shine, then when the spotlight hits them fall completely apart and 2-19 in the final 2 games shows that.

The only thing is the facts show Green didn't deliver in the key moments, and JB was right about him. A lot of people do great when the spotlight doesn't shine, then when the spotlight hits them fall completely apart and 2-19 in the final 2 games shows that.
The
Numbers
Don't
Lie
Period

It wasn't the spotlight so much as the defense was paying attention to him. I think what JB was saying was that if he is guarded, he can't score in the League. That's all. You can say that about a lot of guys who are bench guys or are guys who shoot 3's all regular season.

Unnecessary semi-dickwad comment specific to Green - who after all did break the 3 point playoff record. They don't win 3 games against the Heat without Green.

John Starks's effort in Game 7 of the 1994 NBA Finals, and the end of Game 6 when he couldn't get off a semi-decent effort, show why he went undrafted, and bounced back and forth between Cedar Rapids, the Memphis Rockers, and the NBA.

John Starks's effort in Game 7 of the 1994 NBA Finals, and the end of Game 6 when he couldn't get off a semi-decent effort, show why he went undrafted, and bounced back and forth between Cedar Rapids, the Memphis Rockers, and the NBA.
Sorry, but this is a bad post. Starks was undrafted and was sent down to the minors in his rookie season, where he spent time between the teams you mentioned. He got back to the NBA where he remained the remainder of his career. He was an allstar, sixth man of the year, and NBA all defensive 2nd team. Thats a pretty damned good career in my book.

Right on - We should be angry that 'S' comes after 'P' and 'N'. Anyone not in favor of reversing the alphabet is a Syracuse hater.
Amen.
"New York's College Team" should not take a back seat to interlopers from Indiana and Pennsylvania, let alone any pre-existing ACC teams.
You've gotta rule your market.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom