Hell freezes over | Syracusefan.com

Hell freezes over

44PRIDE said:
Football topic about a non-Syracuse program? IT! Put it on the hoops board...

Sorry, wrong board. It was late when I posted this.

Just thought ND would never go to turf. I bet Penn State never does.

No different than all the off-topic charity threads or great days at SU.

Do you have a problem with charity on this board? I believe the charity adopt a platoon post was placed on here so it would be seen by the most traffic. Fortunately, there were a few that stepped up to support our soldiers.

Sorry, wrong board. It was late when I posted this.

Just thought ND would never go to turf. I bet Penn State never does.

No harm...

from the article....."Among the factors that went into the decision were the university holding commencement at the stadium in recent years, which he said has made it harder to maintain good field conditions, and a proposed $400 million construction project that call for buildings to be added on three sides with the goal of getting more use out of the facility."

And people here really expected COR to build a whole stadium for a $100 million more that included a roof.

Either the fans here would complain that this stadium is the very cheapest one they have ever been in, or we would in massive debt to cover the cost over runs.

COR would have to spend big bucks to engineer in the snow load factors just for the roof system alone. After all we are usually the snowiest city every year.

$500 million would just about cover the skeleton to build a properly engineered stadium for our weather conditions.

I wonder if the 59,000 people that probably drop at least $1k per year to sit on wooden bleachers are raising their hands for their upgrade.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom