Help: Anyone know a good boiler guy? | Syracusefan.com

Help: Anyone know a good boiler guy?

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
National Grid just left and couldn't restore my heat. It's now 57 degrees in the house and falling. I tried contacting the guy who put in the Utica Boiler 8 years ago but have learned he has moved to California.

This all started when my wife heard clicking from the thermostat which indicates it needs new batteries. The heat was on at the time. She said she has been hearing that sound off & on the past few days.

I replaced the batteries and that's when the heat kicked off & would not come back on. I went out and got new batteries and that didn't change a thing. I found the instructions for the Honeywell Thermostat and went step by step, but the boiler still would not kick on.

The National Grid rep said that the pilot light was on but the damper won't open. He tested the thermostat and said it was working fine.

If you know of a good and reliable person or company in the Syracuse area please let me know.

Thanks!

National Grid just left and couldn't restore my heat. It's now 57 degrees in the house and falling. I tried contacting the guy who put in the Utica Boiler 8 years ago but have learned he has moved to California.

This all started when my wife heard clicking from the thermostat which indicates it needs new batteries. The heat was on at the time. She said she has been hearing that sound off & on the past few days.

I replaced the batteries and that's when the heat kicked off & would not come back on. I went out and got new batteries and that didn't change a thing. I found the instructions for the Honeywell Thermostat and went step by step, but the boiler still would not kick on.

The National Grid rep said that the pilot light was on but the damper won't open. He tested the thermostat and said it was working fine.

If you know of a good and reliable person or company in the Syracuse area please let me know.

Thanks!
Try Murrays Heating & Air conditioning 5054 Smoral Rd, Camillus, NY 13031
(315) 488-4328,, they put Utica Boiler in my house last year so I know they work on them...and I liked there work

there might be a red reset button on the boiler itself

From what you describe it sounds like a bad TStat. Everyone sells Honeywell, Home Depot, Lowes, Wal-Mart, all the heating supply houses ... you may even me able to find the exact model you got and just "plug & play". I'd try that first.

Also, try googling Utica Boiler <model number> and service or installation manual. You'll probably find the manual for your unit online or call Utica Boiler and request one to be emailed to you. It will have a troubleshooting guide which is good to have. Even if it doesn't help you it's good to have for the service tech when he shows up, if it saves him time it saves you money.