Help Jim Brown | Syracusefan.com

Help Jim Brown

Bortukal

All Conference
As of right now, Jim's getting creamed by Bo Jackson in the final of ESPN's Greatest Athlete of All Time tournament. To right this wrong, click here and cast your vote. Results will be announced tomorrow.

Jim Brown wasn't in Tecmo so he's at a huge disadvantage.

images
e54b06a926a535b48164a5ba22614184.gif

I wouldn't worry. It's geared towards Michael Jordan winning. Frankly, I'm leaning towards Secretariat.

That's the fan vote though isn't it? Haven't really been following it to be honest.
It's all based on fan voting, as far as I can tell.

bracket02_13.jpg

It's worth voting though to try and get more Jim Brown highlights on espn. Recruits are probably watching saying "Jim Brown went to Syracuse?!".

It's all based on fan voting, as far as I can tell.

bracket02_13.jpg
Ok. The other night before the Marquette game, they were running some analysis between Brown and Earnhardt using "science" to determine which was the better in that bracket. Seemed like a bit of a reach, but Brown came out on top. When they showed the complete rundown, I figured it would come down to Brown and Jordan with Jordan inching him out like the Sports Century thing. You have to wonder why Jim Thorpe wasn't included in the initial listing.

Jim Brown wasn't in Tecmo so he's at a huge disadvantage.

images
uote]

I am waiting for ESPN's "30 for 30" on Bo Jackson; Techmo Bowl Legend as a focused addition to the segment they already did on him.

That video game player was a play-uh. Will never forget his moves on the Nintendo console...

I wouldn't worry. It's geared towards Michael Jordan winning. Frankly, I'm leaning towards Secretariat.

I figured Ali.

But Bo deserves it.

Greatest of all time.

I figured Ali.

But Bo deserves it.

Greatest of all time.
On the basis of . . . unfulfilled potential? Granted, he played 2 professional sports and his career was cut short by the injury, but really, were his stats that great that he qualifies as best ever?

On the basis of . . . unfulfilled potential? Granted, he played 2 professional sports and his career was cut short by the injury, but really, were his stats that great that he qualifies as best ever?

I know some people don't like stats, but in baseball, Bo never hit .280, only made one All Star game, and the highest he ever finished in MVP voting was 10th, one time. That being said, I still think he was a great athlete.

Only 11ypc is so weak.

Yeah that's a stock screen shot, not my doing so I hadn't analyzed it. I'd assume the opponent picked a Bo running play on defense every time and guessed wrong on at least 4 or was dumb enough to pick pass defenses on occassion. I dare you to beat me passing with Jay Schroeder at QB... I double dog dare you!

He did things on baseball diamond never seen before or since.

Heisman Trophy.

All Pro NFL running back and MLB All-Star with lead-off HR.

Best of all time.

He did things on baseball diamond never seen before or since.

Heisman Trophy.

All Pro NFL running back and MLB All-Star with lead-off HR.

Best of all time.
Not going to argue with you, but Jim Brown's Heisman is residing at Paul Hornung's house.

Was Bo Jackson in the Dirty Dozen? No, I didn't think so.

Jim Brown was also a Gladiator in the Running Man. I don't think Bo Jackson could have made it past Fireball...

The Chuck Norris "character" is based on Jim Brown.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom