Helping Hands & More Fundraising Event for Needy Families by King Joseph Edwards (Cuse 2024 DE Commit) | Syracusefan.com

Helping Hands & More Fundraising Event for Needy Families by King Joseph Edwards (Cuse 2024 DE Commit)

kingtidge

All American
King Joseph Edwards is a DE and one of our 2024 class commits... and he's an early enrollee and starting classes this semester in January... AND he also has his own nonprofit organization (Helping Hands & More) that helps homeless people and needy families... AND he's scheduled a donations and fundraising event already to help people here in Syracuse in January. Helping Hands & More is co-sponsoring the event with Blueprint15

Looks like this kid gets that life is about a lot more than football.

His site with paypal link to donate:

About Helping Hands & More:
Edwards runs a nonprifit called Helping Hands and More, focused on feeding, clothing, and helping needy families and the homeless wth basic needs, multiple times a year in his area (his home state of GA and now in Syracuse, NY, his new home-away-from-home where he'll be attending Syracuse University as a freshman and playing football.)

Although football is a considerable aspect of Edwards’ life, he believes it can be a beacon for what he considers to be his greater purpose.

“It’s my passion to help others,” he said. “My goal is to major in psychology in college to help people cope mentally with life and other issues they may be dealing with.”

Let's help him... Can we get to 100 donations of $44 each?

That would be Frantastic... I just donated...

So did MG44 ...

Who's with us?

Last edited:
This kid gets it, hopefully his generosity and compassion will rub off on his teammates…..this is so great to see.

I know this isn’t the goal but community outreach like this (and what Coach Fran has discussed) will go a long way in developing new Syracuse Orange fans!

Done. Proud to help this young man, too.

We have had some impressive individuals through the years and remarkable stories of hardship and tragedy fought with perseverance, faith, family, and love.

While I am happy he is a damn good football player, I am happier that he will represent himself, his family, his team, his university, and his community in a way that is exemplary and befitting of wearing THE Orange.

I can't wait to see and hear what else comes out of this renaissance of SU football.

Just...wow!:):cool::)

This kid gets it, hopefully his generosity and compassion will rub off on his teammates…..this is so great to see.

I know this isn’t the goal but community outreach like this (and what Coach Fran has discussed) will go a long way in developing new Syracuse Orange fans!

He does get it...

And in this era of NIL, he understands his image means a lot more than simply getting paid... His image is his brand and he understands he can use his brand for good in the communities he calls home. He understands he can use his brand for meaningful positivity.

It's great to see someone so young, so savvy...

And I'm sure he's getting excellent guidance and advice from family and mentors, which is also great to see.

Last edited: