Here are some stats for some of us to chew on | Syracusefan.com

Here are some stats for some of us to chew on

NineOneSeven

2018-19 Iggy Hoops Leader Scorer
Or swallow and vomit all over the floor.

Take away Lydon's game (wow, maybe we should pass him the ball down low!):

FG: 13-44
3pt: 4-17
Overall team FT (including Tyler): 14-25
Overall team rebounds: 41-30.

I have been a huge Howard fan. I cannot defend anything I saw today. He was on a different planet. Serious, serious PG issues. Combined 6-20, with how many misses inside by Gillon? Can't happen. I heard Battle had a chance to play PG coming out of high school? Is there any chance of that happening?

Going to be a long season. Some serious blowouts are heading our way.

Honestly, good post. Lydon had the best game of his life and we lost to a 6-3 team. Gillon dirbbling into the trees and coming up empty; AW3 being invisible; Howard being clueless. Just yikes.

I'm looking forward to next year as sad as that sounds. Battle, TT, Moyer, etc with a year at Cuse.

Roberson has to be going mad.

We really can't afford not giving Frank Howard playing time unless we want to be awful for multiple years. This is assuming hopkins takes the reigns from JB next year.

Honestly, good post. Lydon had the best game of his life and we lost to a 6-3 team. Gillon dirbbling into the trees and coming up empty; AW3 being invisible; Howard being clueless. Just yikes.

I'm looking forward to next year as sad as that sounds. Battle, TT, Moyer, etc with a year at Cuse.

Please tell me next year will be better. Please. Because my fear is it wont.

Or swallow and vomit all over the floor.

Take away Lydon's game (wow, maybe we should pass him the ball down low!):

FG: 13-44
3pt: 4-17
Overall team FT (including Tyler): 14-25
Overall team rebounds: 41-30.

I have been a huge Howard fan. I cannot defend anything I saw today. He was on a different planet. Serious, serious PG issues. Combined 6-20, with how many misses inside by Gillon? Can't happen. I heard Battle had a chance to play PG coming out of high school? Is there any chance of that happening?

Going to be a long season. Some serious blowouts are heading our way.
Totally agree on Howard. It's unfathomably bad.

I

Unless we uncover a very good PG before next season, it's not getting better.

Lydon had one of the best and most efficient (outside of 3 missed fts) offensive games in SU bball history... and we lost.

LONG season coming. A lot of it won't be pretty.

Next year we will have Howard, Battle, Moyer, Brissett, Sidibie, PC and TT. I like the mix and potential in that team. I'll be able to live through the growing painswith that squad. I think many of us expected JG and AW3 to come in and get us to the Final 4; I think grad transfers don't work in this system.

I'm fine with 2017 I tthink we'll be solid.

I'm not really that high on Moyer, but he needs to be good because our cupboard is bare next year.

Next year we will have Howard, Battle, PC, Moyer, Brissett, Sidibie, PC and TT. I like the mix and potential in that team. I'll be able to live through the growing painswith that squad. I think many of us expected JG and AW3 to come in and get us to the Final 4; I think grad transfers don't work in this system.

That looks like a .500 team honestly. I don't think I've ever seen a worse team than that in our history.

That looks like a .500 team honestly. I don't think I've ever seen a worse team than that in our history.
It doesn't look good. But to me it's obvious AW3 and Gillon just aren't fitting - I'd kill to get back tot he 52-50 rockfights and top flight D.

It doesn't look good. But to me it's obvious AW3 and Gillon just aren't fitting - I'd kill to get back tot he 52-50 rockfights and top flight D.

I can't disagree with you there.

I keep seeing this, but in all honesty, how could it be worse? This team has not answered the bell at any point. You can't be worse than zero.

I keep seeing this, but in all honesty, how could it be worse? This team has not answered the bell at any point. You can't be worse than zero.

In fairness to me, i said tell me it will be better, not it wont be worse

Next year we will have Howard, Battle, Moyer, Brissett, Sidibie, PC and TT. I like the mix and potential in that team. I'll be able to live through the growing painswith that squad. I think many of us expected JG and AW3 to come in and get us to the Final 4; I think grad transfers don't work in this system.

What should be learned from this year is NEVER EVER try to predict that a team will be better next year. Up until the first game this year, there were numerous predictions of a FF here. Even the national press jumped SU up in the ACC rankings with White's signing. Three of the guys you mentioned haven't even set foot on the dome court. Heck PC went from the absolute anchor to the zone to a wasted 'ship (as viewed by many here).

26-39 on the glass. roberson played 6 minutes.
Having Thompson playing the 5 is just insane his freshman year. Kid's not strong enough for it, however JB can't see that.

Having Thompson playing the 5 is just insane his freshman year. Kid's not strong enough for it, however JB can't see that.

He actually might be the second to last issue we have. Baby steps.

Coleman has stunk since he arrived here, injury or no injury. We haven't recruited or got a center or a point guard in seemingly 4 years.

Coleman has stunk since he arrived here, injury or no injury. We haven't recruited or got a center or a point guard in seemingly 4 years.
DC plays well in spurts but his vertical isn't good. I wish he was about 3" or so taller. Would be SO much more of an impact on both ends.

Yeh, I think we should feel blessed that we have a freshman big that can play a little bit now especially considering all of the bigs we missed on.

And Lydon.

have we won a tip off ? can't slip a credit card under coleman's vertical. lost possession.