Here is our all time record of 30,000+ games at the Carrier Dome | Syracusefan.com

Here is our all time record of 30,000+ games at the Carrier Dome

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Czar/Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner PPG
thanks to our friends at orangehoops.org.

http://www.orangehoops.org/CarrierDomeCrowds.htm

Our record is 48-25 which is a 67% win percentage. This is better than I thought it would be considering these aren't the cupcake games but real games against some pretty good teams. However in the games that set new Carrier Dome attendance records, the record is only 7-6. Not the best, but considering the Cuse started out 0-4 in such games and then have rebounded and have gone 7-2 since then.

And, since 2010, Cuse has gone 3-4 in 30,000+ games but in the decade prior (2000-2009) Cuse went 12-2. That's amazingly good.

So what does that all mean and what does that have to do with any current topics (such as court turning and home court advantage). I have no idea, but it's great to see all the support for this great program.

Thanks for the stats, very interesting.

I've been a big Orange fan since the early 80's which was about the time the Dome got going. Never been to a game live, but can only give an opinion on watching on TV. It comes across that our fans are not really "overly" vocal or "fanatical" like some of the other college arenas. Perhaps it's because of the general size of the place inside and the noise doesn't register that loud on the TV audio pickup. Maybe somebody else can give a first hand opinion.

In conclusion, I would have thought the record would be better given those crowds.

Our record is 48-25 which is a 67% win percentage. This is better than I thought it would be considering these aren't the cupcake games but real games against some pretty good teams. However in the games that set new Carrier Dome attendance records, the record is only 7-6. Not the best, but considering the Cuse started out 0-4 in such games and then have rebounded and have gone 7-2 since then.

And, since 2010, Cuse has gone 3-4 in 30,000+ games but in the decade prior (2000-2009) Cuse went 12-2. That's amazingly good.

So what does that all mean and what does that have to do with any current topics (such as court turning and home court advantage). I have no idea, but it's great to see all the support for this great program.

Thanks for posting. Unfortunately, "The record crowd was set February 23, 2013 with 35,012 fans watching #8 Syracuse losing to #11 Georgetown 46-57" may plague my mind for the rest of my life. :bang:
Or at least until I attend a Syracuse victory that takes place under similarly impressive and historic circumstances.

We'll get a chance to erase that record this year.

Now, if they turn the court, put 48,000 in there and Duke beats us, all it will take is one off-handed remark from Coach K to ignite a new rivalry.

Nice stats. Looks like we had some seriously high attendance in the late 80's. Maybe with our home schedule this year, we can get more than 7 30,000-fan games.

Nice stats. Looks like we had some seriously high attendance in the late 80's. Maybe with our home schedule this year, we can get more than 7 30,000-fan games.
It is amazing to think of that era. From 86-87 thru 90-91 there were 28 games that cracked the list. There's been 30 since...which is great, just puts in perspective the attendance from those days.

shocking that our record was 12-2 in 2000-2010. there were some really average teams in that span.

and since 2010 has arguably been out best stretch of all time.

shocking that our record was 12-2 in 2000-2010. there were some really average teams in that span.

and since 2010 has arguably been out best stretch of all time.
We just need an NC to cap it off!

I've been a big Orange fan since the early 80's which was about the time the Dome got going. Never been to a game live, but can only give an opinion on watching on TV. It comes across that our fans are not really "overly" vocal or "fanatical" like some of the other college arenas. Perhaps it's because of the general size of the place inside and the noise doesn't register that loud on the TV audio pickup. Maybe somebody else can give a first hand opinion.

In conclusion, I would have thought the record would be better given those crowds.

Keep in mind, as the OP pointed out, that the reason for 30,000+ attendance is that the opponents generally are the as good or better than the Orange. To me, 67% wins is admirable.

There have been five "break the record" games since 2000, and the one I was in attendance for was Rutgers.

Rutgers.

There have been five "break the record" games since 2000, and the one I was in attendance for was Rutgers.

Rutgers.
The attendance for that one wasn't because of the opponent; it was GMac's last home game

The attendance for that one wasn't because of the opponent; it was GMac's last home game

I know why it was a record (and not the reason you gave me...lol) I was just commenting on how the only record breaking game I went to was against the biggest turd.

I think a big part of it is the way the student section is made. They are all on one side of the court. They should consider opening up 5-10 rows in the very back of the lower tier on the visitors side for students. Other arenas will have students down the sideline not just the baseline. For traditional purposes that will never happen here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom