Here's a thought...Mike Locksley | Syracusefan.com

Here's a thought...Mike Locksley

All4SU

Duos Cultores Scientia Coronat et Go Aureum
OC/QB coach at Maryland. Solid OC background. Great recruiter from Washington, D.C. On Edsall's staff for one year, and they may well get shitcanned after this year and he must know that. He has 2012 experience game planning against the ACC teams. Head coaching experience, albeit a disaster, although that probably has more to do with trying to recruit to New Mexico. And his wife is hot.

Was he at Illinois when Shafer was there? Did their paths ever cross?

Here's a future recording of my response to a Locksley hire as anything other than a recruiter...

I wouldn't judge him on Maryland. He ran an exciting offense at Illinois, and he is a proven recruiter with tons of east coast ties.

Why would he make a lateral move from an overpaying public ACC/B1G school to a funds-limited private ACC school?

Why would he make a lateral move from an overpaying public ACC/B1G school to a funds-limited private ACC school?

Because Edsall may be on his way out.

Locksley is known to probably every coach in the country as a top recruiter. He would get a new job in a heartbeat if Edsall got fired plus he wouldn't take a pay cut to leave voluntary.

Locksley is known to probably every coach in the country as a top recruiter. He would get a new job in a heartbeat if Edsall got fired plus he wouldn't take a pay cut to leave voluntary.

I don't know what he makes as OC at Maryland after getting fired at New Mexico. But if every coach knows him, and he will have no problem getting a job, what makes him so undesirable to us? And how do we know that SU would be pay cut?

First the lacrosse program and now football feels the need for speed when it comes to borrowing a car?

OC/QB coach at Maryland. Solid OC background. Great recruiter from Washington, D.C. On Edsall's staff for one year, and they may well get shitcanned after this year and he must know that. He has 2012 experience game planning against the ACC teams. Head coaching experience, albeit a disaster, although that probably has more to do with trying to recruit to New Mexico. And his wife is hot.

did you know that locksley actually has a bonus tied to rivals' recruit rankings?

did you know that locksley actually has a bonus tied to rivals' recruit rankings?

Didn't know that. How does that work without inviting payoffs?

Edsall isn't going anywhere. Maryland is his dream job, he said so himself at the press conference announcing his hire. Maryland certainly isn't cutting that cord yet. Team showed improvement early on. Their biggest problem (and what probably haunts Locksley) is that due to a defection and a season ending injury, they were on their #3 planned QB before the season started. Then he was hurt, they moved onto #4, then a WR, then a trombone player, then a child, then a domestic pet.

My problems with Locksley are:

1. The way his tenure ended at New Mexico. I don't recall all the details, I just remember things got a little ugly there.
2. How good were his offenses at Illinois? I remember not being all that impressed. I know he ran spread option, but always thought with some of their recruits they should have been better.

I'm good with the hot wife part, but I think you should have led with that if you wanted to sell this better.

I've got to get more sleep because this dream job thing seems to be quite lucrative.

Didn't know that. How does that work without inviting payoffs?
It doesn't. Hence why Rivals/Scout are BS when it comes to star rankings...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom