Here's another job for our AD... | Syracusefan.com

Here's another job for our AD...

Jake

Mod
So I leave the game early...get in my car and catch the final 90 seconds or so on the radio. Listening to the "official" broadcast.

Game ends. And I get the following:

Full Game stats.
The hot and cold report.
JBs mandatory recap.
The announcers overall impression of the game.
A rundown of upcoming games.
3 commercial breaks
Locker room interviews.

In all about 12-15 minutes.

You know what I didn't get??? One freaking mention about Lydons foot.
Nothing. Nada. It's like it didn't happen or Wasn't that important to our broadcast team.

I mean I'm not asking for trade secrets. Even it's it's just a recap of the Official word.

But holy crap...do they understand that in a 50 point blowout, the only piece of info anyone wants is a Lydon update. That's it.

I left the game and got 3-4 texts from people asking about Lydon.

I would imagine the guy who used to run a sports news network, might notice something like this.

I finally gave up and turned them off. Some sponsors never got their ads heard because the announcing team couldn't figure out what the fans wanted to hear.

The football and basketball injury info is guarded tighter than beiber at a junior high school appearance.

JB's blood pressure went up 40 points when those questions were asked.

I thought the fact that the men's basketball twitter told us at half time that it was an achilles strain was a huge improvement over the "undisclosed lower body injury" that we always hear about.

Jake left the game early! Get him!

Lock the doors!

ncf_u_scott-shafer_mb_600.jpg

I'm pleasantly surprised that they actually mentioned what the injury was, which seems like a fantastic improvement. The dreaded lower body injury was not even threatened.

I'm pleasantly surprised that they actually mentioned what the injury was, which seems like a fantastic improvement. The dreaded lower body injury was not even threatened.
If memory serves correctly, at one point we were the only school that didn't disclose specifics on injuries.

The only thing I could imagine is that the guys didn't see the tweet be sent out or hear about Lydon's injury status and didn't want to report inaccurate information. Other than that, they gotta hit on something that big.