All American
Stephen Frickin Austin is #10.

Record: 8-1

ok. pretty good.

D-1 Record: 4-1
Non D-1 Record : 4-0

ok. that's umm... interesting.

So they must have good wins?

Well, they did beat #32 Oklahoma, who has 3 losses (#10 Gonzaga and #127 Arkansas), but in all fairness OU did beat #24 Texas A&M and #39 Northwestern State.

What about their other D-1 wins?

Oh, I didn't mention the wins against Florida International, Tulsa, and San Diego, My bad.

I always thought RPI was only good for the last ¼ of the year after teams have demonstrated who they are.

They are actually 14. They will drop faster than Fat Albert jumping out of a plane without a parachute as they play like 5-6 teams with an RPI well over 300 and about 10 teams with over 200.

I don't even bother with RPI until the beginning of February.

Cheers,
Neil

They are actually 14. They will drop faster than Fat Albert jumping out of a plane without a parachute as they play like 5-6 teams with an RPI well over 300 and about 10 teams with over 200.
i'm not sure that fat albert would fall faster from a plane than anyone else, fall speed is predicated on not just weight but drag. my guess is that all humans have the very close to the same terminal velocity.

i'm not sure that fat albert would fall faster from a plane than anyone else, fall speed is predicated on not just weight but drag. my guess is that all humans have the very close to the same terminal velocity.

You are correct, Fat Albert would not fall faster than anyone else. Actually fall speed isn't really determined by mass. The acceleration due to gravity (around 9.81 m/sec^2)acts the same on a 10 pound object and a 1000 pound object causing their fall speed to be approximately the same, assuming they are both starting their fall from the same height enabling gravity to act on each object for the same amount of time. Actually Fat Albert may even fall slightly slower than a 10 pound object due to the increased drag from his large size, if I'm not mistaken!

Sorry for hijacking this, Stephen A. Smith.. err... Stephen F. Austin likely won't be that high for long as others have noted!

Colorado who is currently 2 in the RPI has lost to wyoming and kansas (by about 100)

Listen. In order to maintain air-speed velocity, a swallow needs to beat its wings forty-three times every second, right?

Stephen Frickin Austin is #10.

Record: 8-1

ok. pretty good.

D-1 Record: 4-1
Non D-1 Record : 4-0

ok. that's umm... interesting.

So they must have good wins?

Well, they did beat #32 Oklahoma, who has 3 losses (#10 Gonzaga and #127 Arkansas), but in all fairness OU did beat #24 Texas A&M and #39 Northwestern State.

What about their other D-1 wins?

Oh, I didn't mention the wins against Florida International, Tulsa, and San Diego, My bad.

Here is the best site for rankings IMO...with links to all of the individual rankings pages - Here SU is collectively #2 behind Duke.

http://www.masseyratings.com/cb/compare.htm

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom