Herm Edwards quote | Syracusefan.com

Herm Edwards quote

NineOneSeven

2018-19 Iggy Hoops Leader Scorer
" If I saw someone harming a child in any way, I'd be in a fist fight."

I think this is the sentiment of all of us here.

A caller on Jim Rome said it best-- we have a legal system for situations like this, because the families of these victims and most observers want physical harm done to Sandusky.

And if you disagree you're lying.

I think he might be the best choice out there as new HC. They can't hire a PSU guy, they just can't. No big name HC will leave their current job for this mess. Maybe they can get Fitzgerald, as NW has almost no chance at a BCS game. That as a HC has to be a little depressing.

I think he might be the best choice out there as new HC. They can't hire a PSU guy, they just can't. No big name HC will leave their current job for this mess. Maybe they can get Fitzgerald, as NW has almost no chance at a BCS game. That as a HC has to be a little depressing.

Edwards would be a great hire for the situation.

Did I miss something? When was Edwards declared a candidate for the Penn State job?

Edwards would be a great hire for the situation.

I agree with Mark May, so would Matt Millen.

Seems like a good punishment for the program.

I think he might be the best choice out there as new HC. They can't hire a PSU guy, they just can't! No big name HC will leave their current job for this mess. Maybe they can get Fitzgerald, as NW has almost no chance at a BCS game. That as a HC has to be a little depressing.

Disagree.
On the contrary, I think a PSU guy is EXACTLY who they have to hire.
God forbid if this were happening at SU and if I was in a position to salvage the sinking ship, I wouldn't hesitate to aid my alma mater.
I suspect many SU people feel the same way.
Like it or not, your school is "with you" forever...just like your family. If my son committed a crime, I'd stand by him & help out as best I could, within the law. That doesn't mean I condone or agree with what he'd done, but he hasn't stopped being my son, right?
IMHO, it'd be a no-brainer to get a PSU person to right the ship.

Disagree.

There is no way you can hire Bradley, Schiano, or Golden.

You could hire Munchak but would he leave the NFL?

Besides that there really isn't anyone else I can think of.

Besides that there really isn't anyone else I can think of.

paul-pasqualoni_large_large.jpg

Disagree.

Would have to be a guy that wasn't there at all from the time sandusky started right up to at least 2007. as tomcat said in another post, that only laves coach p.

Would have to be a guy that wasn't there at all from the time sandusky started right up to at least 2007. as tomcat said in another post, that only laves coach p.

I don't think Coach P would bail on UConn. He's a CT guy as much as he is a PSU guy.

P would be a great choice given the circumstances. I do wonder whether he'd want the attention that is going to come with that job.

I don't think Coach P would bail on UConn. He's a CT guy as much as he is a PSU guy.

i dont think he would either.

I don't think PSU would want him quite frankly. I don't think they would want Schiano either. They will be in a weird situation. The fanbase will want a splash hire, yet not many splash guys would want the job.

I don't think PSU would want him quite frankly. I don't think they would want Schiano either. They will be in a weird situation. The fanbase will want a splash hire, yet not many splash guys would want the job.

I think if they quickly clean house, they can pull a big name guy. They still have good players, none of which have been compromised by this stuff (unlike OSU, Miami), and a crazy fanbase, and that huge stadium.

They aren't going with a "splash hire."

When people think of PSU for the foreseeable future, their first impression will be "that child molester guy."

No student, alumni or anyone remotely associated with the school will want this.

This has become much, much bigger than a sports story. They will go squeaky clean over splash because there is no other choice.

They aren't going with a "splash hire."

When people think of PSU for the foreseeable future, their first impression will be "that child molester guy."

No student, alumni or anyone remotely associated with the school will want this.

This has become much, much bigger than a sports story. They will go squeaky clean over splash because there is no other choice.

If you think they would hire a guy like Coach P over a guy like Meyer then :crazy:

If you think they would hire a guy like Coach P over a guy like Meyer then :crazy:

I think they will hire a guy like P. It's about more than wins and losses, which is kinda the whole point... Then again, who knows. It's college football. Maybe I should just assume that those who profess to remain clean in a world where others get very dirty aren't really clean; they just look that way.

If they have a program left once they pay all the lawsuits.

There has to be many many questions for this 28 year old ga guy that just left and told his daddy who by the way was good friends with sandusky. This was a coverup from minute one and is it possible that this 28 old guy was abused by sandusky and that's why they didn't want it public?