He's Arrived | Syracusefan.com

He's Arrived

T

tee1222

And when we needed him most.

From Ennis to CJ to Cooney to Roc to Keita to Grant to G to Coleman. There has always been at least one or two people harping on one or two of these guys from game to game. So many times have these guys been called out. But not by their teammates. No way. He always had the talent. But this is a team sport and these guys always pick each other up. I could care less who has a bad game vs who the flavor of the day is. As long as they focus on winning the game, no need to doubt them.

So for at least one game, we can all at least agree not to doubt this guy. Remember. Without him, we lose this game. Without so and so, we lose the last game and on and on it goes.

10478137-large.jpg

Team.
syracuse-winner.jpg

Roc has been a favorite of mine since he picked us over GTown. It makes me very happy to see him continue to grow as a player. Hopefully this is only the beginning for him, and he goes on to do some great things throughout the end of his career here and onward where ever basketball takes him(Hopefully the NBA).

Rock is really getting better day by day. Remember though that he has stepped up big time for us before too, notably when Fab was out a few years ago. He was huge in that road game at Cincy and in the tourney (KState game in particular). But now he is elevating into beast zone.

I'll never forget 2012. Fab was suspended, everyone doubted us, but we believed in Rak. He wasn't quite ready then, but he is now. Kid is only a junior too, he's what we've been missing in the past few tourney runs.

This game is a turning point for him. He now really knows he can play both ends effectively. He is going to get better and better .. this year!!
He's been a legit offensive threat all year, he just doesn't get the touches. He had 2 travels tonight which is uncharacteristic of him, but he needs more looks.

He is getting there and honestly I think dc and baye being hurt may help him. It's unfortunate for them but he get more pt which is what most kids need to get better

Quick hooks can be counter-productive. At a certain point, you want a player to play through his mistakes and learn from them.

and "CHRISTMAS STOLE THE BALL and CHRISTMAS STOLE THE BALL"

Youngsters and even oldsters who didn't follow the NBA in the 1960's closely won't even know just how funny and apt this post is.

Quite simply it's brilliant.

I now have Johnny Most ringing in my ears.

He's been a legit offensive threat all year, he just doesn't get the touches. He had 2 travels tonight which is uncharacteristic of him, but he needs more looks.

Correct - he's only as good as his teammates and offensive game plan allow him to be.

If Rakeem doesn't get touches, he's not going to be able to hit all those shots at this excellent percentage.

We go long stretches ignoring him when he's sealed his defender, and I'm not sure if we've passed to him out of the high pick and roll once this season. Got to improve this.

Aside from the great stats, what is most promising going forward is that he managed to stay out of foul trouble, and has been finishing on post moves.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom