Hey Shaefer...They Used Exactyly 2 Plays on Offense | Syracusefan.com

Hey Shaefer...They Used Exactyly 2 Plays on Offense

OrangeinBoston

All Conference
Two plays. Toss sweep and QB run. Two plays. And you just couldn't quite figure that out, huh? On the rare 3rd and long what did you do? You rushed four to makes sure their DII QB had enough time to complete the pass for a first down. Clever...

I thought when SU was on the sideline after the first UConn td adjustments were gong to be made but from my seat they were not. I'm glad my tv has a good temperament because I yelled at it a lot today.

Shafer missed SO many tackles. Embarrassing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Two plays. Toss sweep and QB run. Two plays. And you just couldn't quite figure that out, huh? On the rare 3rd and long what did you do? You rushed four to makes sure their DII QB had enough time to complete the pass for a first down. Clever...
If you want to call out a coach on the team you root for maybe you should know how his name is spelled...

He Blitzed inside on every quick pitch George Deleone 1 Shafer 0

^^^^^THIS^^^^^^

Deleone really schooled Shafer. The first time I saw it happen, I thought it was just a fluke. The second time I thought, "Deleone knows our tendencies and we are in trouble". I could not figure why we didnt go 8 in the box. We needed LSUs defensive team to play the scheme Shafer went with.

Overall, again, this was supposed to be the year a young D was to be helped by an experienced more diverse O...it hasn't happened and overall the D (with the exception of a horrid secondary) has been surprisingly good, and called on much like the last 10 years (it seems:bang:) to be constantly on the field doing everything for poor offenses except taking the field and running the offense too. Let's be honest it seems like most games our D must hold'em, fold'em, cause turnovers, shorten the field (cause special teams ain't), get turnovers, cause turnovers, get the O the ball back and be on the field much to long of a time in some sort of weird reversal of the rules of time of posession.:bat: That being said, it is up to enMr.Shafer whom I rarely have a criticism for and beleive he is coaching above and beyond his teams talent and abilities,...he must get a stop or two verses THAT offense,...especially when your O showed up for a few plays to help you. We seem to have become the complete opposite of who we used to be with no seeming middle ground. Several years ago, if it was ground n pound play we could hang around a bit...but as soon as a spread team or its like came around we would get absolutely shredded. We NEED a FULL TIME special teams coach next season. Special teams needs to be permanently shored up and beyond that needs to be a weapon once more. People forget, there was a time when our special teams were the talk of the country, we were quick, tricky, aggressive, and teams had to literally game plan and account for our special teams and the scoring and havok they brought. This was long before everyone talked Va.Tech special teams and 'Beamer Ball'...they just copied what we were doing and somehow got more famous for it.:eek: Again we must all step back from the ledge...the coaches and the players are as upset as we are and maybe even more so (hard to imagine cause there's a reason why we're called fans:crazy:). We just need to get to a bowl game. Right now it seems like the light at the end of the tunnel is a train but bowl eligibility is still within our grasp. Get that, and things will be alright as far as the overall direction of this program.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom