Hey, We Play UC Today at 3:30 PM | Syracusefan.com

Hey, We Play UC Today at 3:30 PM

sutomcat

No recent Cali or Iggy awards; Mr Irrelevant
An item for conversation is the status of UC senior PG Cashmere Wright. Wright is one of the top players in the conference. Averages about 15 ppg and shoots 43% from the 3 point circle.

He sprained his knee in a game against DePaul last Tuesday and did not return to the game. Also did not play in their game against Marquette Saturday night.

If he can't play today, UC will be a hard time attacking the SU 2-3. SU might experiment a bit with the press as well. UC has no experienced backup PGs.

If Wright does not play...

Link

An item for conversation is the status of UC senior PG Cashmere Wright. Wright is one of the top players in the conference. Averages about 15 ppg and shoots 43% from the 3 point circle.

He sprained his knee in a game against DePaul last Tuesday and did not return to the game. Also did not play in their game against Marquette Saturday night.

If he can't play today, UC will be a hard time attacking the SU 2-3. SU might experiment a bit with the press as well. UC has no experienced backup PGs.

Link
Honestly if Cash doesn't play I don't think UC has any shot at all. Kilpatrick is a great player (36 of their 71 pts against Marquette) but they have no other PG. UC is a very tough physical team and if I remember from last year they played a zone against us and we couldn't hit a shot in the BET. If Cash plays and is healthy it should be another good game, if not SU wins by 15+ imo. I feel a stomhache ache coming on about 3:15 today!

To those veterans out there:

What's the best way to watch/listen to this game at work? I'm at the office today and this is unfamiliar territory for me..

I'll be leaving work by 2:30 my boss has figured out that when su is playing i'm not getting anything done if i'm at work anyways.

What's the best way to watch/listen to this game at work? I'm at the office today and this is unfamiliar territory for me..
ESPN3.com is great if you can get it.

ESPN3.com is great if you can get it.

Our IT guy blocks all sorts of stuff on our system. Its pointless because everyone just uses their company phones now.

Link
Is JB feeling his age? I mean with all these early games (noon and 3ish), it's like he doesn't want to stay up to late.;)

Is JB feeling his age? I mean with all these early games (noon and 3ish), it's like he doesn't want to stay up to late.;)
And then there's the upcoming 11am game. I hope our guys are awake for that one.

Finishes just in time for the early bird special at Delmonico's

Either WatchESPN app on your cellphone for live, or wait until you get home after game and ESPN3 will have a replay up.

Our IT guy blocks all sorts of stuff on our system. Its pointless because everyone just uses their company phones now.

If you have an iPhone, get the ESPN ap

ESPN has a good app for cellphone...for game coverage. I've used it in meetings.

S
Saturdays game is at 11am. Same time as my sons game

Honestly if Cash doesn't play I don't think UC has any shot at all. Kilpatrick is a great player (36 of their 71 pts against Marquette) but they have no other PG. UC is a very tough physical team and if I remember from last year they played a zone against us and we couldn't hit a shot in the BET. If Cash plays and is healthy it should be another good game, if not SU wins by 15+ imo. I feel a stomhache ache coming on about 3:15 today!
I agree with you.

If Wright is out, or plays and is ineffective, JB will tilt the zone towards Kilpatrick and really limit his ability to get quality looks at the basket. That should open things up for the rest of the Bearcats, but I don't think anyone else on the team is much of a scorer. Their best strategy is to dominate on the offensive boards and hope they can score enough points that way to win the game.

Look for Shaq Thomas to get some playing time. Long time board members might remember that he verbaled to SU at one time a couple of years ago (did not qualify academically), much to the surprise of the SU coaching staff. I think we gave him a conditional offer where he didn't meet the conditions.

Good athlete. Would not be surprised to see him have a good day today against the team he dreamed of playing for...

I have a driod which I can check scores and post on whenever.

There is a "watch ESPN" app, for iphone at least, and a ESPN radio app. Might be worth looking into for Droid

There is a "watch ESPN" app, for iphone at least, and a ESPN radio app. Might be worth looking into for Droid

Thanks. I'll look into it.

What is up with the afternoon game on a weekday. I don't remember this happening in years past.

What is up with the afternoon game on a weekday. I don't remember this happening in years past.
15 of the 31 scheduled games start 4Pm or sooner.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom