HEY, we won! | Syracusefan.com

HEY, we won!

bballbeadle

Woman of a certain age
Geez, I hate to be the one to start a thread like this. Where is SWC when we need him? Okay, we came out tentative, JB got them to press, and it gave them energy. And gave us hope! Can anyone say what Thorpe’s status is? I am concerned. And Bayer, the good walk on, was sitting next to him in street clothes, too. I bet Geno is going a little crazy right now. But who cares about him? I’M going crazy!

The game turned into the kind of pleasant, interesting games that we’ve grown used to in exhibition games. Battle was excellent (but no rebounds, which probably means nothing.) I LOVE Oshae. I think at one point he had 17 points and 11 rebounds. Moyer had a rough-ish game and you could see he was frustrated and disappointed in himself. But he had 10 rebounds. He does hustle, but I don’t think he made a single shot unless it was close up. Chukwu seemed to gain some confidence. Free throws painful. Much worse than AO. (How is that possible?) Bourama looked good. He swatted at least two, perhaps more, and a few others got into the act. Crowd was very appreciative. Battle did a nice alley oop to Oshae, and the crowd loved that as well. Washington played better as time went on. He has a very flat shot but they started going in.

Gary left still feeling concerned and mostly unimpressed, but he is a glass half full kind of person. I sat next to him for the Clemson gave and for him, we lost the game until we won it. Ha ha!

So, I left the game with a lilt in my step. I am not Eeyore tonight. Although it must be noted that NH was just abysmal.

Yucky rain coming and going. I can take almost anything but 40 degrees, wind and cold cold rain.

Go Orange!

Has 72 made a free throw in a Orange uniform yet? I know he was o for last season but did he hit any in an exhibition game last year?

Geez, I hate to be the one to start a thread like this. Where is SWC when we need him? Okay, we came out tentative, JB got them to press, and it gave them energy. And gave us hope! Can anyone say what Thorpe’s status is? I am concerned. And Bayer, the good walk on, was sitting next to him in street clothes, too. I bet Geno is going a little crazy right now. But who cares about him? I’M going crazy!

The game turned into the kind of pleasant, interesting games that we’ve grown used to in exhibition games. Battle was excellent (but no rebounds, which probably means nothing.) I LOVE Oshae. I think at one point he had 17 points and 11 rebounds. Moyer had a rough-ish game and you could see he was frustrated and disappointed in himself. But he had 10 rebounds. He does hustle, but I don’t think he made a single shot unless it was close up. Chukwu seemed to gain some confidence. Free throws painful. Much worse than AO. (How is that possible?) Bourama looked good. He swatted at least two, perhaps more, and a few others got into the act. Crowd was very appreciative. Battle did a nice alley oop to Oshae, and the crowd loved that as well. Washington played better as time went on. He has a very flat shot but they started going in.

Gary left still feeling concerned and mostly unimpressed, but he is a glass half full kind of person. I sat next to him for the Clemson gave and for him, we lost the game until we won it. Ha ha!

So, I left the game with a lilt in my step. I am not Eeyore tonight. Although it must be noted that NH was just abysmal.

Yucky rain coming and going. I can take almost anything but 40 degrees, wind and cold cold rain.

Go Orange!
Thorpe was 100% yesterday. I was really surprised he didn't play tonight.

Has 72 made a free throw in a Orange uniform yet? I know he was o for last season but did he hit any in an exhibition game last year?
That is way down the list of things I worry about with this player and this team. And, who the hell would foul him anyway?

Thorpe was 100% yesterday. I was really surprised he didn't play tonight.
What explanation was given?

Edit. Never mind. I see the syracuse.com article.

Thorpe will be fine and Thorpe said he'll play Monday that's what he told the reporter

JB wouldn't guarantee said he should play he needs to practice Saturday and Sunday

Friday they're off

and he may practice tomorrow it but it sounds like he'll play Monday

he was 0 for 2 in the scrimmage and 0 for 2 tonight. No, i don't know the record for consecutive missed free throws. I agree with Dasher that it's not going to be a big factor. He was 24 for 40 at Providence.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom