High stepping ref! | Syracusefan.com

High stepping ref!

bballbeadle

Woman of a certain age
Okay, did anyone else notice the black, bald ref who ran with high knees every time he went up and down the court? I saw him do it at the beginning of the game and thought he was stretching out, but it was actually a deliberate way of running. Now, I am quite ignorant and so I know he had to be doing it for a reason, but what? As my little boy used to say, “What it can be?” Thought I’d throw it out there.

I was very relaxed during the game until the worm turned in the second half. Then the gut spasms set in. That may literally be the last “relaxing” game we will have this year. Thank god we pulled out the win! I am worried about NC State because they can score, but I hope the home court and late start (ugh) favor the Orange.

Only three more Dome games. :(

I saw it too and wondered what was up with his knees.

Did Pascal ditch the goggles? I didn’t see them and he got a ball thrown in his face and some tough hits to his face.

I saw it too and wondered what was up with his knees.

Did Pascal ditch the goggles? I didn’t see them and he got a ball thrown in his face and some tough hits to his face.
He was wearing them.
upload_2018-2-11_18-23-34.png

He was wearing them.

Yes he was definitely wearing them but I saw him rubbing his eye at one point also. My understanding of his injury is he better always wear goggles going forward because it could be really bad news if it happened again.

Was that the same ref that did the Irish jig when he called the charge on battle.
HA HA HA!

I am wondering: does he have knee replacements? Does he have a prosthesis? I mean, it’s very odd.

My daughter and I stopped being amused when the game got close.

Somehow I think we’ll never know the answer and now I feel sad.

I only know 2 things. One, he was very friendly before the game talking with some fans. But more so he did a LOT of stretching of his legs and knees even doing some with his leg up on the scorers table. He must have stretched over 5 mins including all through the player intros.