Hilarious: 20 Preposterous '80s Sports Posters | Syracusefan.com

Hilarious: 20 Preposterous '80s Sports Posters

That was great.

Gotta say the Jim Everett, Mark G, Chocolate Thunder, and Okoye ones are on the top of the list.

I love the second one with Brian Bozworth. His shirt says Monster D(ouche)B(ag)

I'm fairly certain that my brother had that Karl Malone poster, and I'm pretty sure I had the Michael Jordan one. Nice.

Everyone had that Bash Brothers poster at one time or another.

I had a Lenny Dykstra "Nails" poster from when he was with the Mets; I expected that to make this list. As lame/borderline homoerotic as it was, it cannot compare to the spectacular awfulness of these.

Frankly I would have expected a poster of Jim Everett to have him looking tough with a tennis racket and a skirt.

No one has mentioned wade boggs 'out of this world' yet? It's like they didn't know how to make a cool poster with him, so they just took an exceedingly tired cliche and made it work.

I had the Chocolate Thunder poster. My uncle worked at the printing company where they were made. I had a few of them, in fact. I wish I knew where they were now. I always thought that was an awesome poster.

Jim Everett! That might be funnier than the whole "Chris" Everett fiasco.

I had the "Madison Square Guardian" in my bedroom for years. My brother couldn't believe I would sleep with a Hoya.

I can't decide which one is my favorite...

http://www.buzzfeed.com/rudywillingham/22-preposterous-80s-sports-posters-8bvh[/quote]
how could this list miss the bills posters from their glory days.

I'm pretty sure this poster is still at my parents house
Jim-Kelly.jpg

there's a big game hunters one that's even worse that has not made in the internet yet

I still have the LT one in my basement and had it in my college dorm room for 2 years. Great pic.

I also owned at one time #'s 1 and 16. I had some worse posters than what is on that list.

I definitely had #3 as well.

#6 was amazing.

I had a Lenny Dykstra "Nails" poster from when he was with the Mets; I expected that to make this list. As lame/borderline homoerotic as it was, it cannot compare to the spectacular awfulness of these.

Frankly I would have expected a poster of Jim Everett to have him looking tough with a tennis racket and a skirt.

my sister had that dykstra poster in her room back in the day, she was obsessed with him. he was shirtless right?

my sister had that dykstra poster in her room back in the day, she was obsessed with him. he was shirtless right?

Yeah, he was shirtless, standing on a floor coved with loose nails. And after reading your response, now I'm wondering if it wasn't so much homoerotic as it was designed for teen girls and I failed to get the memo.

Yeah, he was shirtless, standing on a floor coved with loose nails. And after reading your response, now I'm wondering if it wasn't so much homoerotic as it was designed for teen girls and I failed to get the memo.
No. Homoerotic was right. The teen girls were just collateral damage.

The most ironic poster is the Nigerian Nightmare Christian Okoye with the Bronco player sprawled out under the bedsheet. It's ironic because one of the greatest hits in professional football history was the Broncos' Steve Atwater on Okoye. Okoye's career was never the same after that hit.

Oh man, all of those are priceless, thanks so much for sharing.

I think in the wake of the Jim Everett "I said don't call me Chris Everett" incident on the Jim Rome show - the General Blade one is my favorite by a hair.