Hindsight and where are we now? | Syracusefan.com

Hindsight and where are we now?

stumpy78

Walk On
Since the recruiting class is finalized, and we look back over the past few years, are we in a better place than we were with Coach Marrone?

My answer is yes. First off, I loved the job Coach Marrone did to resurrect the program, make us competitive again and he did it the right way in my opinion. This last year, no one gave us a beatdown and we handed out a couple. The results on and off the field were very good. My opinion is that Coach Marrone did not enjoy recruiting and some of the non football parts of the college football coach's job. My analysis is that he probably better suited for the pro game and he discovered that after taking his dream job. I'm a Bills fan so I am hoping he does really well.

To me, Coach Shafer is the consumate college football coach. He may go to the pros at some point, but like Coach Mac (the original), some guys should know where they belong. Developing young men through college football is a different challenge than the pro game. A few guys can do both well, most are better suited for one or the other for various reasons.

I agree with Coach Marrone, when he commented that Coach Shafer can take us to the next level. He knew what it takes and knows Shafer. I think we are in for some excellent football. So far it is just talk and recruiting, but my gut tells me we are in a better place than a couple months ago.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom