Hire The Marquette guy when JB leaves | Syracusefan.com

Hire The Marquette guy when JB leaves

Hopefully Buzz gets the USC gig and they'll leave Hop alone;).

Class act
Are you insane?

Why not hire Jamie Dixon? Same style of basketball. Every game is a clusterfluck. Count me out.

Btw, I like Buzz but I despise his style of basketball.

Are you insane?

Why not hire Jamie Dixon? Same style of basketball. Every game is a clusterfluck. Count me out.

I agree, but it's tough to judge these guys.

It's not like Howland went to UCLA and ran some slow down beat you up offense - he can't really get the type of players at MU to play a diff't style.

Are you insane?

I like Buzz/Curly.
I would imagine he's playing the way he has to, given the lack of high-level recruiting. Same with Dixon. They don't get top high school talent. They do what they have to do. Gotta admire any coach who can mold and motivate those types of kids to play at a high level.

I agree, but it's tough to judge these guys.

It's not like Howland went to UCLA and ran some slow down beat you up offense - he can't really get the type of players at MU to play a diff't style.
Understood...but he inherited the players that took him to his final fours. Maybe he couldn't convince enough HS players to come and play his stupid system?

It's ugly basketball that no self respecting HS hoops recruit wants to play. The players that go to Pitt and Marquette (and UCLA) really don't have a lot of other options.

Understood...but he inherited the players that took him to his final fours. Maybe he couldn't convince enough HS players to come and play his stupid system?

It's ugly basketball that no self respecting HS hoops recruit wants to play. The players that go to Pitt and Marquette (and UCLA) really don't have a lot of other options.
Shabazz Muhammad and Kyle Anderson would disagree with you.

And where did those two get Howland? It takes more than two to tango.
I'm definitely not a Howland fan, but to be fair he always had a roster full of top 100 recruits who definitely had plenty of options to play elsewhere.

Perhaps a NC solves all our problems? JB can hang 'em up on a high note, end his tenure while still in the BE and hand the keys to the Ferrari over to Hop. A win, win, win situation!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom