Holy Cross Wants in the Catholic Conference | Syracusefan.com

Holy Cross Wants in the Catholic Conference

They were the first choice as the Massachusetts entry in the Big East in 1979 but turned down a chance to join. Now, they want in.

Worcester Is Not Just a Sauce
I know they were offered a spot back in '79. I wonder if that would have been in lieu of BC.

And St Bonnies was also a candidate. But, they didn't want to move their league games to Buffalo.

Would love to see Holy Cross get a chance. I went to a lot of their games in high school, they have a neat little gym that gets real loud and have the DCU Center they can use for the big games. This could be a very good move for them after some early growing pains.

id like to see Siena get in. it wont be as big as a jump as Holy Cross and they already get close to 8k a game playing downtown Albany.

brings it back to the amtrak roots too.

plus, just like JB, Hop can schedule them and not leave the state. but then it would build the rpi much better.

id like to see Siena get in. it wont be as big as a jump as Holy Cross and they already get close to 8k a game playing downtown Albany.

brings it back to the amtrak roots too.

plus, just like JB, Hop can schedule them and not leave the state. but then it would build the rpi much better.

Hell, now I want Fairfield in too! They play 10 minutes from my house and they fit the profile, mostly. ;)

Hell, now I want Fairfield in too! They play 10 minutes from my house and they fit the profile, mostly. ;)
quinniapac is gonna be pissed.

From a mass guy HC would be a nice boost for the school and city of Worcester. My real concern would be the built in fan base, certainly doesn't compete with the 8k from Siena

Holy Cross, home to the worst-looking cheerleaders in the Patriot League.

quinniapac is gonna be pissed.

They just moved up to the MAAC, and their new arena is pretty sweet. Only seats 3.5K though.

800px-TD_Bank_Sports_Center_interior.jpg

Newspaper columnist who didn't even talk to any Holy Cross officials Wants in the Catholic Conference

FTFY

Thanks! I was under the impress
They were the first choice as the Massachusetts entry in the Big East in 1979 but turned down a chance to join. Now, they want in.

Worcester Is Not Just a Sauce
Thanks! I was always under the impression Dave Gavitt deliberatley chose BC over HC. I was in D.C. then and all they ever talked about was the "Holly Farms ACC Tournament." It got more ink than the NCAA's.

This would be Holy Cross' chance to revive a once excellent BB program.

Even better, that's FIVE minutes from my house!
Saw a graphic last night that showed JB No. 1 among active coaches in both number of seasons and number of wins at one school. Dave Bike is No. 2. They both have coached their entire careers at their alma maters and both have 1 NC (ok ok, Bike's was at the D2 level, but who's counting? :p ). Go Pioneers!

Holy Cross, Canisius, Niagara, St. Bumpadventure, and untold others--take them all, drop out of the NCAA, and start their own system. Who cares?

if this league wants to succeed they will ignore all advice in this thread

I don't think it will be limited to Catholic schools. I don't think they will want Holy Cross but I could see a team like Butler being invited.

They should do this ... then the ACC should bypass UConn once more, and invite Colgate... which then subsequently transforms into a perennial bball powerhouse & the Goliath of our non-conference schedule.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom