Holy Moly projected 2017 NBA draft has Duke with 5 players in top 16 | Syracusefan.com

Holy Moly projected 2017 NBA draft has Duke with 5 players in top 16

GooseMutt

All Conference
Wow can you imagine. I don't remember ever seeing so many teammates ranked so highly together. Within the 16 Kentucky has 1(fox). We have Lydon at 20 and Robbie at 32. Can't wait to play Duke and see where we stand vs all this NBA talent. Love to school those young men.

Wow can you imagine. I don't remember ever seeing so many teammates ranked so highly together. Within the 16 Kentucky has 1(fox). We have Lydon at 20 and Robbie at 32. Can't wait to play Duke and see where we stand vs all this NBA talent. Love to school those young men.
5-Giles 8-Tatum 13-Allen 14-Bolden 16- Jackson. 43-Kennard

Really looking forward to that Duke game, but they are stacked. If their health gets better, even Grayson Allen is hurting at the moment, the three kids who haven't played, Giles, Tatum, and Bolden, they may not lose. Giles will certianly be rusty all year, as he hasn't played in forever, but all they truly need is rebounding and length out of those guys. Allen, Jackson, and Kennard can all score. Tatum is a stud. I hate Duke, but they are great this year.

Our game against Duke will show who was marbles in the 1st round and who doesn't.

Looking at Roberson to make a name for himself, again, that game.

I feel like nobody is talking about Carolina. Lost in a last sec title game. Almost every guy back from last year. Joel Berry is a VERY good college PG. Britt is another solid PG. Frontline has PROVEN guys in Meeks/Hicks, although some posters think those guys aren't very good. Jackson is good. Kenny Williams looks good. Not sure when Pinson is coming back. But, yeah the collective Duke talent is sick.

I feel like nobody is talking about Carolina. Lost in a last sec title game. Almost every guy back from last year. Joel Berry is a VERY good college PG. Britt is another solid PG. Frontline has PROVEN guys in Meeks/Hicks, although some posters think those guys aren't very good. Jackson is good. Kenny Williams looks good. Not sure when Pinson is coming back. But, yeah the collective Duke talent is sick.

As hard as it is to fly under the radar while being ranked 4th they are doing it. They did lose Johnson and Paige which were big parts of their success but Paige seemed to regress a bit over his career and they were well prepared to absorb those loses.

As hard as it is to fly under the radar while being ranked 4th they are doing it. They did lose Johnson and Paige which were big parts of their success but Paige seemed to regress a bit over his career and they were well prepared to absorb those loses.
Two players in mock draft 31- Jackson 53- hicks for NC

I don't like Meeks, but I do like Hicks. They looked good last night. I think we have the bigs to compete with them this year.

I don't like Meeks, but I do like Hicks. They looked good last night. I think we have the bigs to compete with them this year.

Meeks is the kind of player that if motivated and the refs are allowing some contact could plow a young front line no matter how talented they are. I think he is a liability defensively and shoots too many midrange jumpers plus he can disappear for long stretches. I agree that Hicks is a better player, at times last year for stints he looked better than Johnson.

I feel like nobody is talking about Carolina. Lost in a last sec title game.
Almost every guy back from last year. Joel Berry is a VERY good college PG. Britt is another solid PG. Frontline has PROVEN guys in Meeks/Hicks, although some posters think those guys aren't very good. Jackson is good. Kenny Williams looks good. Not sure when Pinson is coming back. But, yeah the collective Duke talent is sick.
Lost 4-year starting PG and the ACC player of the year. Not inconsequential.

In theory maybe. But, Coleman is terrible defensively. We don't know if Chukwu can hold up against bigger bodies. Lydon is stronger now so that will help when he is at the 5.

Lost 4-year starting PG and the ACC player of the year. Not inconsequential.

No doubt. I just think they started to depend less and less on Paige especially since Berry started to play very well towards the end of the season. I don't think they are going to miss a beat, frankly. Just my opinion, of course.

In theory maybe. But, Coleman is terrible defensively. We don't know if Chukwu can hold up against bigger bodies. Lydon is stronger now so that will help when he is at the 5.
We are solid/strong solid everywhere except maybe Chuku. Damn almost made it one season without using the word lanky

Which website is this mock draft from? Some are not as good as others, and this one seems off a bit.

Grayson Allen isn't going to do a damn thing in the NBA.

That's what people said about J.J. Redick. I was one of those idiots. I underestimated his athleticism. Allen is also very strong and athletic.

Not the first time Duke has done something like this. I believe Brand, Langdon, Avery, and Maggette were all in the same draft?

They still don't have anyone that can stop penetration. Giles and Bolden better be outstanding rim protectors or they will struggle with quick perimeter players.

No doubt. I just think they started to depend less and less on Paige especially since Berry started to play very well towards the end of the season. I don't think they are going to miss a beat, frankly. Just my opinion, of course.
And Brice Johnson?