Honest question - Does anyone feel good about the foreseeable future? | Syracusefan.com

Honest question - Does anyone feel good about the foreseeable future?

Zepharus

Starter
JBs time has passed. This is shockingly clear if you are real with yourself and see it for what it is. You may not like Bennett's style but THAT is coaching and the players executing a coaches plan. THAT is College basketball.

The glory days for Cuse have been over for many years and the program is in decline on the back of JB overstaying his tenure based on many different factors. Knowing all of this, weare clearly locked into a minimum of 3 more years of this until Buddy graduates and most likely a token year of transition. This is at a MINIMUM barring anything tragic.

So we have had 4-5 extremely mediocre seasons, recruiting in decline and I look out and see this getting worse over the next 3-4 years. Add to that most programs are paying players in back alleys (we clearly are not, or we pay poorly) and this leaves me pretty Bearish on all things Syracuse.

Cuse as a program is in big trouble here. I just don't see how this ends well as a Cuse fan that lived the glory days...

No I do not and I am in the minority but I'm not sold that our leadership is ready to navigate the murky waters of the future.

If people are overreacting like this to one game against the defending National Champions, it is going to be a LONG year on this board. Virginia looked bad as did SU. Playing a conference game this early didn't benefit either team. Virginia can't score either. Their big was the difference last night or both teams may have never cracked 40. My only complaint is that Boeheim needs to let them run. Can't let the defense set up which could be said for most teams that will see the zone. It was an ugly loss but my expectations weren't high to begin with this year.

IMO until we get another coach that can run a game plan/scheme that will work in today’s college ball, NCAA appearances will be the exception, not the norm.