Honest question regarding Boeheim | Syracusefan.com

Honest question regarding Boeheim

Cuseball

Starter
Many on this board are pro Jimmy and many are anti Jimmy. I am pro Jimmy but frustrated. Let's just assume people agree that some of the top coaches in college hoops are:
Coach K
Cryin Roy
Calimari
Bill Self
Sleazy izzo

Does anyone think any of these coaches would be doing better with the current Cuse team? If you are being honest i think the answer is no. All of those coaches have never dealt with a roster like Cuse has this year and I would suspect all would struggle given our situation.

Now the biggest part of college basketball is recruiting and the head coach is responsible for the roster. I am of the belief that the sanctions hit us hard here and this is the reason we have dropped off the last 4 years. Others feel sanctions are overrated and have had minimal impact. A debate which can continue. However, there is no question our current roster does not compare to these other teams.

Look at McDonald's All Americans on the rosters:
Kentucky has 7 and then 2 top 30 guys
Duke has 6
Kansas has 4 and another top 30 recruit
Michigan State has 3
UNC has two
Cuse has zero (if you look at the 247 rankings we have only player ranked top 50)

So, I think it's fair to debate recruiting and the impact/or non impact of sanctions but coaching at this level is mostly a by product of who you put on the court.

Next year we are all giddy because we will have one McDonald's AA. It's not a given we will be competing for a deep run when going against the stacked rosters of some other teams.

Cuse!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom