Hoops team halftime PK shootout | Syracusefan.com

Hoops team halftime PK shootout

Bortukal

All Conference
The men's basketball team held a penalty kick shootout during halftime of tonight's men's soccer game vs. Rutgers. Can't really tell you who won because they were all pretty much terrible with a ball at their feet. Trevor Cooney made a couple. Dirty hit one that still hasn't landed yet. Dejuan has lost a lot of weight and appears to be in great shape. Floyd Little was in the stands taking in a great soccer game.

Senior Lars Muller (Brandenburg, Germany) headed in a Golden Goal off of Jordan Murrell's (Markham, Ontario) corner kick two minutes into overtime to give the Orange a 2-1 win. Syracuse is 9-3 (2-1 Big East) in what's shaping up to be their best season in many years.

Freshman Jordan Vale (Auckland, New Zealand) knocked in a header off a first-half corner kick. The Orange held the lead until Rutgers' Kene Eze equalized off a set piece in the 75th minute.

Didn't know they played OT in regular season.
I didn't either. I don't watch much college soccer. They do two 10-minute sudden death OT periods after regulation. I believe it ends in a tie after that if there's no scoring.

I didn't either. I don't watch much college soccer. They do two 10-minute sudden death OT periods after regulation. I believe it ends in a tie after that if there's no scoring.

That's the HS rule too.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

The men's basketball team held a penalty kick shootout during halftime of tonight's men's soccer game vs. Rutgers. Can't really tell you who won because they were all pretty much terrible with a ball at their feet. Trevor Cooney made a couple. Dirty hit one that still hasn't landed yet. Dejuan has lost a lot of weight and appears to be in great shape. Floyd Little was in the stands taking in a great soccer game.

Senior Lars Muller (Brandenburg, Germany) headed in a Golden Goal off of Jordan Murrell's (Markham, Ontario) corner kick two minutes into overtime to give the Orange a 2-1 win. Syracuse is 9-3 (2-1 Big East) in what's shaping up to be their best season in many years.

Freshman Jordan Vale (Auckland, New Zealand) knocked in a header off a first-half corner kick. The Orange held the lead until Rutgers' Kene Eze equalized off a set piece in the 75th minute.

Against all odds, Rutgers has a decent soccer program. Received votes in the last NSCAA/adidas men's top 25 poll. I would think SU will at least start receiving top 25 votes in the next poll, especially after they crush UL at home on Saturday night (7 PM start).

If you are a soccer fan, consider going to a game. The SU soccer facility is really nice, you are right on top of the field and the quality of soccer is very high.

As the top 25 poll shows, the Big East is very strong this year, probably the best league in the country. There are unfortunately only 2 home games remaining (the last home game is against DePaul on Saturday October 20th).

Linkage

It's great that the team's good this year. Sounds like they've been getting a nice turnout as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was genuinely sad when McIntyre left Hartwick, but it is great to see him succeeding at SU. He's a really good coach with great foreign connections. Another excellent hire for Dr. Gross.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

There is a plethora of talent in the state of NJ soccer-wise

kicking butt with 3 Bville guys.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

I like those jerseys.
Agreed. Soccer jerseys have become really popular and you see a lot of them around, so I wonder if these will be for sale soon in the bookstore, especially with the team playing so well.

There is a plethora of talent in the state of NJ soccer-wise

Shouldn't we be making NJ a focus in recruiting...sorry...wrong forum...

I like those jerseys.

I like their other ones better; white with thin orange hoops. They wore them against Colgate but they seem to go with the orange and blue style they wore yesterday most of the time.

Here's a photo stolen from SUAthletics.com to give an idea of what they look like.

image_handler.aspx