Hop down 8 at the half in debut | Syracusefan.com

Hop down 8 at the half in debut

Looks like Hop's philosophy is to foul & send the opponent to the line when up by 3 in the final seconds. I forget, is JB definitively one way or the other on this? I feel like he's both fouled & let it play out in the past?

Congrats to Hop on Win #1. Too bad Husky fans are focused on football @ Stanford tonight.

Looks like Hop's philosophy is to foul & send the opponent to the line when up by 3 in the final seconds. I forget, is JB definitively one way or the other on this? I feel like he's both fouled & let it play out in the past?

Congrats to Hop on Win #1. Too bad Husky fans are focused on football @ Stanford tonight.
They also had a kid on Belmont named Hopkins who kept getting opened in the zone so Hop played m2m down the stretch which was interesting.

What defense did he use?
They played zone basically the whole game until the last 2 minutes or so. The never pressed. He is very thin up front and doesn't have a single shot blocker. When Dickerson fouled out with like 5 minutes to go he had to put Hamier Wright at the 5 in the zone to give you a sense. They played really hard and made a few mistakes but the zone was actually pretty good. Kids were where they were supposed to be and they got a handful of steals in the passing lanes but there personal is going to be hard. They don't have great size, length or depth especially up front. Belmont was good though and they got the win then again Nowell isn't going to score 32 every night.

I have heard him say that if there is a risk you will not get the rebound on missed FTs, he will not foul in that situation. So I think you are right, it is a judgement call, and he may fall either way, but I do think he got religion on fouling later in his career, opting not to early in his career, so the team would have to be exceptionally bad at rebounding for him to not foul then.

I was. The security guy at the door said you know Syracuse isn't playing here tonight. I said well Syracuse West is. Got a good laugh.

Depends on who you ask. We have alot of home courts.

They played zone basically the whole game until the last 2 minutes or so. The never pressed. He is very thin up front and doesn't have a single shot blocker. When Dickerson fouled out with like 5 minutes to go he had to put Hamier Wright at the 5 in the zone to give you a sense. They played really hard and made a few mistakes but the zone was actually pretty good. Kids were where they were supposed to be and they got a handful of steals in the passing lanes but there personal is going to be hard. They don't have great size, length or depth especially up front. Belmont was good though and they got the win then again Nowell isn't going to score 32 every night.

They played a few minutes of man to man in the first half and a few early in the second as well. It was mostly zone for the second half until the last 2 minutes.

They really need a center and a pg. There are some nice pieces but the interior is going to be a mess, and Crisp is too erratic to run the point for a winning team.

They played a few minutes of man to man in the first half and a few early in the second as well. It was mostly zone for the second half until the last 2 minutes.

They really need a center and a pg. There are some nice pieces but the interior is going to be a mess, and Crisp is too erratic to run the point for a winning team.
The center is the main thing. I agree regarding Crisp but they have no depth up front and not a single shot blocker. It will be there undoing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom