Hop is Over...I Care about Making SU Better | Syracusefan.com

Hop is Over...I Care about Making SU Better

Madbiker

2019-20 Iggy Co-Winner Reg Season Rcd
Don't want to hear any more affair Hopkins. He's gone. Good luck. Next...
All I care about is how do we improve our program/team to get back to winning big again. Hopefully we hire an assistant coach from the outside with great connections who makes an immediate difference in getting some elite recruits to get us in the top tier of the ACC and out of the middle of the pack nonsense. LGO.

Don't want to hear any more affair Hopkins. He's gone. Good luck. Next...
All I care about is how do we improve our program/team to get back to winning big again. Hopefully we hire an assistant coach from the outside with great connections who makes an immediate difference in getting some elite recruits to get us in the top tier of the ACC and out of the middle of the pack nonsense. LGO.
I will look forward to an equally moving tribute from you about Boeheim when he ultimately steps aside.

I don't think it's a requirement to feel that way. Personally I can talk about and follow Hopkins, while still remaining a diehard SU fan.

Once our new assistant is announced and a few of these scholarships are filled, I'm sure you'll see a lot more talk about those things than about Hopkins.

I will never stop posting about Hop as I'm a season ticket holder now. I'm hoping Hop brings the Basket Ball to Seattle. You can expect me to attend and deliver stories about J Hart and Hop that will rival a cto post.

Alaska Airlines has great deals in October and January for flights to Seattle. $200 round trip. I'll be at a game this year for sure. I'll keep you posted on the details, I think we are legally required to get together for a couple cocktails.

Alaska Airlines has great deals in October and January for flights to Seattle. $200 round trip. I'll be at a game this year for sure. I'll keep you posted on the details, I think we are legally required to get together for a couple cocktails.
Can't wait.

I will never stop posting about Hop as I'm a season ticket holder now. I'm hoping Hop brings the Basket Ball to Seattle. You can expect me to attend and deliver stories about J Hart and Hop that will rival a cto post.
You already got season tickets?! Well done, Sir!

Keep me posted too. Maybe we can pick a weekend game and get a whole bunch organized on the board.

Do they serve alcoholic beverages at UW?

I don't think it's a requirement to feel that way. Personally I can talk about and follow Hopkins, while still remaining a diehard SU fan.

Once our new assistant is announced and a few of these scholarships are filled, I'm sure you'll see a lot more talk about those things than about Hopkins.

I said "go dawgs" once (a. thats UGA's name but thats another story) but I will never say it again. I am sincerely happy for Hop. I think Washington is a really good opportunity. Going forward I will root for Hop the same way I rooted for Chandler Jones on the Patriots. I'll keep an eye on him and hope he has success. But I hope syracuse has more every single year. I will not be joyed if Cuse goes to NIT and Washington wins NCAA champ. Actually it will kind of hurt my heart if that ever happens.

I love Hop and appreciate everything he has done for Cuse. But still a part of me stings when I see him talking about this being an opportunity he couldnt pass up. I think taking over Syracuse is an opportunity that you cant pass up. I am not him, but I couldnt ever leave if I was 1 year away from the Syracuse job. No matter the circumstances. Thats just me.. I really bleed Orange. He did during his time here - but he bleeds purple now.

Its like a former love. You know she was faithful and loved you while you were together. But you broke up and she is now with another guy who she loves. You know it doesnt mean she never loved you but it doesnt change the fact that she loves someone else now.

Last edited:

You really got Washington season tickets? If I still lived in Atlanta, I would certainly be happy for Hopkins if he got the Ga Tech job and I would tell all of my Ga Tech friends they hired a great guy - but I would never even consider a single game ticket outside of the Cuse @ Ga Tech game where I would wearing orange and hoping Hopkins' team got their a$$ kicked. And I lived maybe 12 minutes from the Ga Tech arena.

Honest question, will you be wearing purple husky gear? Or Orange/Cuse gear to the games?

You really got Washington season tickets? If I still lived in Atlanta, I would certainly be happy for Hopkins if he got the Ga Tech job and I would tell all of my Ga Tech friends they hired a great guy - but I would never even consider a single game ticket outside of the Cuse @ Ga Tech game where I would wearing orange and hoping Hopkins' team got their a$$ kicked.

Honest question, will you be wearing purple husky gear? Or Orange/Cuse gear to the games?
Cuse gear. I have been living in this town most of my adult life and wear Syracuse gear just about everyday. I also have season tickets to Husky football and wear cuse gear to those games. I wear suits to work and nice clothes when I take my wife out to dinner but wear Syracuse gear the rest of the time. It makes my wife mad but whatever. It's probably hard for people to understand but there is no quick flight to see Syracuse play and they never come out here, outside of a football game like 7 years ago so having Hop here is a big deal to me. I wore cuse gear to that as a husky season ticket holder and my friends booed me at our tailgate when the football team was here. They were joking though. The west coast is a lot different than the east coast. There is not the intense hatred of opposing teams and people aren't very aggressive. There is a little bit of good natured ribbing you might get but that is it.

Cuse gear. I have been living in this town most of my adult life and wear Syracuse gear just about everyday. I also have season tickets to Husky football and wear cuse gear to those games. I wear suits to work and nice clothes when I take my wife out to dinner but wear Syracuse gear the rest of the time. It makes my wife mad but whatever. It's probably hard for people to understand but there is no quick flight to see Syracuse play and they never come out here, outside of a football game like 7 years ago so having Hop here is a big deal to me. I wore cuse gear to that as a husky season ticket holder and my friends booed me at our tailgate when the football team was here. They were joking though. The west coast is a lot different than the east coast. There is not the intense hatred of opposing teams and people aren't very aggressive. There is a little bit of good natured ribbing you might get but that is it.

Fair enough. You have passed my test. Not that that will get you very far in life, or really anywhere - but you still passed.

Go Cuse.

I have some pretty cheap flights myself from Vegas. May have to rendezvous in Seattle one weekend.

I have some pretty cheap flights myself from Vegas. May have to rendezvous in Seattle one weekend.
I was thinking of going down to Vegas this coming year for the Pac 12 tournament. My friends have gone the last 2 years and I stay home and watch the ACC tourney. I will give you a heads up and maybe we can have a drink and catch a game.

I was thinking of going down to Vegas this coming year for the Pac 12 tournament. My friends have gone the last 2 years and I stay home and watch the ACC tourney. I will give you a heads up and maybe we can have a drink and catch a game.

Any time! I usually catch some UNLV games if I'm bored, all the east coast games are done by 6 or 7 my time so I need to watch something, glad Hop is out here and I can jump on that bandwagon.

I would have loved to see the Pac 12 tourney, got rocked with unexpected work stuff this year and didn't have a life until this past weekend...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom