Hop should have waited for...... | Syracusefan.com

Hop should have waited for......

syrcuse

Walk On
Michael Porter Sr. as an assistant coach. Sux he lost out on Jason Hart.

Losing Hart is a big loss for Hopkins unless he can get Thompson.

Porter was gone the second Romar was fired and the dad was linked with Martin at Mizzou.

USC had Lynn Swann personally get involved in keeping Hart a basketball assistant at a football school.

Hart and Conway would have been just great together. Someone at Washington screwed Hop by releasing hart's name. Hop hadn't even spoke to Hart when that name was leaked.

Losing Hart is a big loss for Hopkins unless he can get Thompson.

Porter was gone the second Romar was fired and the dad was linked with Martin at Mizzou.

USC had Lynn Swann personally get involved in keeping Hart a basketball assistant at a football school.
Hop will do just fine, even if he doesn't get Thompson or others with SU pedigrees. He's well-respected in the business and I'm sure there are many talented young assistants who would jump at the chance to join him.

Last edited:
Hop didn't want to start off his head coaching like that. He has a 6 year deal. Hop is playing the long game.
Hop didn't want to start off his head coaching like that. He has a 6 year deal. Hop is playing the long game.
counzo martin does want to start that way. with younger brother likely to follow Michael porter and dad. Nice start to recruiting for Mizzou. And yes, I'm well aware of all the other family connections to Mizzou. I guess your right in the sense that recruiting stars didn't help Lorenzo ...

Hart and Conway would have been just great together. Someone at Washington screwed Hop by releasing hart's name. Hop hadn't even spoke to Hart when that name was leaked.
I thought it was written that Hop offered Hart a contract last week. But even if he hadn't spoke to him wasn't it assumed by most people that he would have been a good fit for Hop's staff. Maybe Hart didn't want to leave USC and the LA area. Hop will figure it out. There are other coaches out there with California connections.

As a die-hard Syracuse and USC fan, I am excited for next year. I'm excited for the next few months and scared at the same time with Syracuse's recruiting, but we will be fine. Let's hope we get Tucker, Ayala, Wright and a Grad transfer With USC, I feel like Hart had to stay at USC. Next year is going to be special if Metu and Boatwright stay. They have Thornton (former 5-star pg) from Dookie there eligible to play after transferring last year, Charles O'Bannon Jr (4-star SG) and Jordan Usher (4-star SG) coming in. I think USC will be very dangerous next year, and on the rise (potentially #1 in the Pac-12) if all those factors stay constant. It sucks to see Hop leave for UW, but it was his time. I wish he went to a different school and maybe waited to run for the IU job, even though at the time it wasn't open.