Hopkins the next Luke Walton? | Syracusefan.com

Hopkins the next Luke Walton?

manleyzoo

2nd String
Luke Walton at Golden State has done pretty, pretty good as Steve Kerr's interim coach. 20 wins in a row to start the season ain't too shabby.

Now that Hop is JB's interim, I feel a long winning streak coming on starting with Georgetown.

If Hop were to run the table there'd be a few posters wishing that JB would take an early retirement.

well walton is 10 years younger...
so when you say next it's kinda marty mcflylike.

I refuse to believe Luke Walton is good at anything relating to basketball

It's a win/win situation for the board. If we win all the games, someone can create a thread suggesting Boeheim should retire now. If we struggle, someone can create a thread suggesting Hop doesn't have what it takes to be head coach. There's really an endless supply of cynical threads available to us in this situation.Oh Lord

well walton is 10 years younger...
so when you say next it's kinda marty mcflylike.

True, except that irrespective of age Walton was a head coach first so in that sense he could be the "next."

hop gets the hybrid. instead of the steph curry/draymond green combo he gets seth green jacking 3's.

I just have a feeling Hop isn't going undefeated in his 10 games. I'm pretty sure it's more then just a feeling because these next 10 games aren't a cake walk.

And btw, this team may resemble the Warriors a little bit in the fact we can put 4 shooters on the court and stretch the other team out with small ball like the Warriors. But our defense isn't nearly as good as theirs is.