Hop's presser | Syracusefan.com

Hop's presser

DonLightfoot

All Conference
Is he too tall for the mic? I do have a hearing impairment, but I usually don't have a problem hearing what the coach has to say. The press did come across much louder than usual. Just seemed a bit weird.

Is he too tall for the mic? I do have a hearing impairment, but I usually don't have a problem hearing what the coach has to say. The press did come across much louder than usual. Just seemed a bit weird.
Maybe he's just more soft spoken than JB :)

I thought it was refreshing to hear Hop's takes and his genuine love for the game. He's clearly not as jaded by the local media as JB is and was willing to entertain every question. He's humble and really gave the kids a ton of credit. It looks and sounded like he's having fun. Granted this was Colgate. Does anyone know if JB just tears up a Subway sandwich prior to a late game presser? It always seems like he's just eaten something.

It was so weird to see someone laugh in the presser at their own joke. I love the dry wit of Boeheim and the way he treats the media since I also hate them. Hop is telling jokes about doritos in cars and laughing. I'm not saying I didn't like it and I don't love Hop because I do. It was just really weird.

It was so weird to see someone laugh in the presser at their own joke. I love the dry wit of Boeheim and the way he treats the media since I also hate them. Hop is telling jokes about doritos in cars and laughing. I'm not saying I didn't like it and I don't love Hop because I do. It was just really weird.

He's new to all of this, and you can tell somewhat uncomfortable in the presser. I give Hop a pass until he's really running the show. It's funny to see him on the sideline as the punisher instead of the motivator. It's kind of like the substitute teacher in class. If nothing else this gives JB an idea of what he can help Hop with.

that was weird, some of it nerves I guess. He is still finding his stride with the press and will not challege them, just as he is not challenging refs as a good apprentice shouldn't.

He is definitely following JBs script to a tee when he kicks off the PC though. Here is his outline for every game, right out of his bosses operating manual.

{Well, I give credit to {opponent}, they worked hard {on the glass, on D, forcing the pace, pick one} and made us earn every possession. I thought {opponent} had a great game plan, and that is a testament to {opponents head coach}. I have a tremendous amount of respect for {him/her}, and they could be a tournament team in March {never indicate which tournament}. I thought we really {started out, or finished, first half or second, or both} well, we just need to learn to play all 40 minutes. The guys have to get back to work in practice, and keep getting better in the areas of {shooting, rebounding, defending, passing, running, pressuring, select as many as apply based on the outcome of the game}. We'll get ready for {next opponent} as we know each game will be a challenge in this {league or OOC schedule}. Questions?}

Seemed like the press corps were a lot more comfortable

I thought his presser was pretty entertaining.

CNY is a tough crowd.

We find anything to critique.

I liked it. Of course it is easy to be gregarious after a win. JB is jaded enough to know those same reporters will be questioning his very existence two days later if the team loses.

What I liked better was the interaction between Hop and Mike G after the on court interview. Just an entirely different dynamic than you would see in 100 years from JB.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom