Horrible game coverage. Terrible, Horrible, Disgustingly bad! | Syracusefan.com

Horrible game coverage. Terrible, Horrible, Disgustingly bad!

Niastri

Two Time Iggy Award Winner: Edwards for Three!
CBS still stands for "Coverage of Basketball Sucks" and they continue to use high tech to prove they can find new ways to suck at this game.

Look ins have been replaced by idiotic floating cameras in the view of the actual game action. (or instead of actual game action. The NFL seems to have invented this sort of view for their 18th camera. CBS chose to use this angle and technology for their second angle. Terrible. How do these s make money? Honest question?)

ESPN sucks at basketball coverage until you actually see CBS cover it, then you remember every year why you watch ESPN.

Can anybody send an email to the guys who wreck our game every year?

CTO, you know these guys right? Wouldn't making the games more watchable be nice?

Might be the angriest post that i've 'liked'. Cause my man is right.

The highlights on ESPN sure suck tonight. Our game showed 8 Wisconsin three pointers, and then one positive play for SU [Dion step-back] before going to the press conference comments.

What.

And how about the sustained "hero shot" after a made basket...or the prolonged crowd shot...or the animated HC gesturing...all while there's live game action going on??!!!
I don't know how many times I've ended up yelling- "Just show the damn GAME", at my TV.
Ridiculous.:mad:

I did not realize what you meant in this post until I watched the replay of the game on the CBS College Sports Network. I was so wrapped up in the game live that it could have been in black and white and I might not have noticed :)

The numerous camera angles did distract from the viewing. Come on CBS, this is not a video game - give us the normal consistent angle!

Let's Go Orange!!!

And how about the sustained "hero shot" after a made basket...or the prolonged crowd shot...or the animated HC gesturing...all while there's live game action going on??!!!
I don't know how many times I've ended up yelling- "Just show the damn GAME", at my TV.
Ridiculous.:mad:

agree 100% - Why do I care about a close up of a coach, the back of a player, etc. when the game's going on
last night it happened with under a minute left in the game (might have been under 30 seconds) - I thought for sure I'd miss the final play of the game for something stupid.

The game is dramatic/exciting enough. They don't need to try to make it an art film.

CBS still stands for "Coverage of Basketball Sucks" and they continue to use high tech to prove they can find new ways to suck at this game.

Look ins have been replaced by idiotic floating cameras in the view of the actual game action. (or instead of actual game action. The NFL seems to have invented this sort of view for their 18th camera. CBS chose to use this angle and technology for their second angle. Terrible. How do these s make money? Honest question?)

ESPN sucks at basketball coverage until you actually see CBS cover it, then you remember every year why you watch ESPN.

Can anybody send an email to the guys who wreck our game every year?

CTO, you know these guys right? Wouldn't making the games more watchable be nice?
The floating camera made me dizzy - I kept telling myself, "Hang in there, it will be over soon." CBS s*ucks & so does TBS for employing Charles.

I bet mushnick says something about the floating camera. Just awful

The floating camera does not bother me so much the one I HATE is the shot clock view from the other side of the court!! That just pisses me off..

On my broadcast they were showing a distant shot of the whole arena and talking about some CBS show while Wisconsin shot a free throw (guy made 1 of 2 and put Wisc. at 41 points) - no mention of whether it was good or not. It might have been my local network's fault as I noticed the same thing happened while the CBS crew were talking about a coach hitting a half court shot and were clearly supposed to be showing the video. The camera would switch to the wide shot of the arena and the audio would sound different whenever it happened.

I'd rather have CBS get fancy with their coverage early in the season, not an elite 8 game...it was annoying.

Does the floating camara obstruct views for those there in person? I'd be pissed if I paid that money for a ticket and some drone keeps flying in front of me...

I hate it. I've watched enough games where I feel seasick because everything is spinning on my own without any help from CBS

Strangely, I thought of this thread again today... I wonder why?

Anybody have a good email address for CBS?

How about 15 shots of AD's parents instead of actual game action.

How about 15 shots of AD's parents instead of actual game action.
I can't decide whether stuff like that is worse than the director showing every piece of junk the networks graphic department put together.