Hosting Tourney games at the Dome | Syracusefan.com

Hosting Tourney games at the Dome

Jasoncuse

2022 Iggy Winner: NCAA Tourament
Why hasn't that happened since 2015? I'm assuming that it has to do with the ever-pending renovations, but no Dome through at least 2022 in the tourney. Hadn't been more than 5 years between hostings since the early 80's. Has the school simply backed off applying to host because there hadn't been a firm time frame for when the renovations would actually be complete?

Or is the Dome no longer a preferred Regional Finals destination and too big for the opening rounds?

I think its a combination of three things, the school isn't that interested, newer venues has the NCAA less interested and unknown Dome construction schedule.

It might be the girls having the chance to host first round games.

The women's games were just set up to be in the Dome this past Monday when the brackets were announced.

Had the NCAA scheduled the mens first 2 rounds in the dome on Thursday and Saturday, the womens game would have been scheduled for Friday.

The women's games were just set up to be in the Dome this past Monday when the brackets were announced.

Had the NCAA scheduled the mens first 2 rounds in the dome on Thursday and Saturday, the womens game would have been scheduled for Friday.

Men's and Women's tournaments do not co-exist in the same arena.

Had the Men's tournament already been scheduled for the Dome in 2019, the Women would be playing on the road.

Men's and Women's tournaments do not co-exist in the same arena.

Had the Men's tournament already been scheduled for the Dome in 2019, the Women would be playing on the road.
I was afraid you'd say that.
Doesn't seem fair.

I was afraid you'd say that.
Doesn't seem fair.

You want Men's games on Thursday-Saturday, and Women's games on Friday-Sunday.

The 4 Women's teams have to have a practice and press availability in the Dome the day before.

Can't have the Women practicing on Thursday when there are 4 Men's games going on that day.

It doesn't work.

We can bid on Regionals again once the renovation is finished, and it can be worked out with LAX.