Hot take? Or no | Syracusefan.com

Hot take? Or no

Status
Not open for further replies.

ethoo18

Walk On
Personally, I believe JB steps down after this season. The events of a few weeks ago I think have traumatized him and you can tell. He just doesn’t have the same fire since before the accident. I doubt his assistants stay, and this might be the last season we see any of them on the bench. I wonder if JB just thinks about watching Buddy from the crowd, without worrying about keeping him on a similar leash of other players, etc.

I feel like we might see the last of JB after the tournament. Thoughts?

If you have to ask whether your take is “hot”, it probably is.

But to answer your question, no, I don’t see JB stepping down this off-season. He wanted to continue coaching for a reason.

Personally, I believe JB steps down after this season. The events of a few weeks ago I think have traumatized him and you can tell. He just doesn’t have the same fire since before the accident. I doubt his assistants stay, and this might be the last season we see any of them on the bench. I wonder if JB just thinks about watching Buddy from the crowd, without worrying about keeping him on a similar leash of other players, etc.

Hotter take- Would you be happy or very happy?

Congrats on your team finishing ahead of 2 teams in the AAC. East Carolina and Tulane. Hell of an accomplishment.

based on his Thursday talk show he isn’t voluntarily leaving... he is already planning for the off season and next year.

I am as critical of JB as anyone else but... I don’t think this year is on JB. It’s not his fault Frank lost his ability to be a d1 point and Carey never developed into avd1 point. It’s not his fault Brissett listened to his handlers more than his coaches. It’s not his fault Battle can’t drive by BC’s slow, unathletic guards. Its not his fault Sidibe is a total spaz without knee cartilage on the court. It’s not his fault big men recruits avoid SU like the plague.

This year was a complete convergence of player development gone wrong.. it is what it is.

No, this ain't it.

Talked to jb about this. He said it probably is but this year has nothing to do with it. Said and these are jb's words, not mine, I don't want to coach for a program that could have fans so stupid that they don't count our 2016 final four run. Said he would rather work 3rd shift at a dairy queen than do that.

Talked to jb about this. He said it probably is but this year has nothing to do with it. Said and these are jb's words, not mine, I don't want to coach for a program that could have fans so stupid that they don't count our 2016 final four run. Said he would rather work 3rd shift at a dairy queen than do that.
Plus, he has at least 3 more weddings to pay for, and that DQ shift isn't going to cut it...

Hire Sean miller? Too soon

DQ is open round the clock now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors