How about a 4 game series with the Huskies | Syracusefan.com

How about a 4 game series with the Huskies

Seattle begins with an "S" so it's basically a neutral game for SU.

Adds new meaning to "Home" & "Home". But then, that is what ESPN believes, everywhere SU plays is a Home game.

Hop wants to create his own legacy without any attention/help from SU. Don't think either side would want this.

did i not just read he hired jason hart and o'toole ? bring it on ! though jet lag will play a major factor.

(maybe sub vancouver for toronto.)

I'd sign up for one here, one there, and one at MSG. But in reality, I wouldn't be surprised to see SU and UW in the same pre-season tournament within the next few years, hoping for the matchup on a neutral floor.

It'd be pretty awesome if they played at the Dome in Boeheim's last year, actually. I wonder if they'll try to schedule a couple matchups like that, with former Boeheim players/assistants coming back through as head/assistant coaches.

Edited to add: That is, assuming Boeheim takes a victory lap season which is probably not so likely anymore.

All it would do is help Hopkins and Washington build up their program again. Boeheim may do it solely for that reason, but I doubt it. Besides the distance issue, it doesn't really do us much good to play a non-conference game in Washington. I think we should treat the non-conference as a northeast showcase for recruiting if we aren't taking the Michigan St. approach and playing a loaded non-conference schedule.

We can still play Colgate, Cornell, and EMU as our "traditional games." Throw in G'Town, UCONN, and St. John's as "rivalry games" with MSG being the preferred venue against SJU and UCONN. We also have the Big Ten / ACC challenge and a non-conference tournament. That's like 9 non-conference games right there, leaving four more games left to schedule.

I think Syracuse should try to schedule some games against the Philadelphia Big 5. We haven't played any of them since we played Temple in MSG back in 2012 if I remember correctly. We probably haven't played in the Philly territory since the days of the old Big East when we played @Nova.

After that, I think we should try to get one game in the New England area. We could play teams like Vermont, Rhode Island, or Providence in the non-conference and still make a trip to Boston when we play BC since we play them twice.

The last two games can be scheduled as home games. The key I think is to continue to play in MSG as well as starting to play in Philadelphia, D.C., and New England more regularly in the non-conference. Not only will it can it help our resume by playing some road games early on, but it can also be great for recruiting.

Not a chance we ever play each other unless necessary.

To answer the "Why?"s, it's simple: for the fans...the people the revenue is generated from. I think some folks still haven't read the OP, which cleverly caught me off guard for a moment as well.

I'm not sure I'd want to root against Hop, though. Others might not have the complex dilemma, and may enjoy finally seeing him in action, against his "father".

The ultimate preseason tournament of this sort would include these 2 teams, the Big Red, and whatever school Buddy ends up attending. For something bigger than the Carrier Classic, we could start adding teams like the Oregon State Beavers, and however many else...maybe for Boeheim's farewell lap tour. A tournament might be easier than trying to schedule all of that. Who knows, maybe by then Washington and others will be the favored teams, even if not our superbowl.

I guess fun to think about but you guys all know this is beyond fantasy, right?

All it would do is help Hopkins and Washington build up their program again. Boeheim may do it solely for that reason, but I doubt it. Besides the distance issue, it doesn't really do us much good to play a non-conference game in Washington. I think we should treat the non-conference as a northeast showcase for recruiting if we aren't taking the Michigan St. approach and playing a loaded non-conference schedule.

We can still play Colgate, Cornell, and EMU as our "traditional games." Throw in G'Town, UCONN, and St. John's as "rivalry games" with MSG being the preferred venue against SJU and UCONN. We also have the Big Ten / ACC challenge and a non-conference tournament. That's like 9 non-conference games right there, leaving four more games left to schedule.

I think Syracuse should try to schedule some games against the Philadelphia Big 5. We haven't played any of them since we played Temple in MSG back in 2012 if I remember correctly. We probably haven't played in the Philly territory since the days of the old Big East when we played @Nova.

After that, I think we should try to get one game in the New England area. We could play teams like Vermont, Rhode Island, or Providence in the non-conference and still make a trip to Boston when we play BC since we play them twice.

The last two games can be scheduled as home games. The key I think is to continue to play in MSG as well as starting to play in Philadelphia, D.C., and New England more regularly in the non-conference. Not only will it can it help our resume by playing some road games early on, but it can also be great for recruiting.

The limit is still 27 plus a 4-game (max) exempt tournament (MTE), right? (29 without an MTE). So, 18 conference games (20 in 2019-20 and beyond) + 9 + MTE. After your MTE + non-conference, you'll have two games left instead of four. I'd love to see them play in some of the areas you mentioned, although I don't know if I'd make New England as big of a priority as you. BC gets us into Boston, and there are no other big cities we need to be in and no areas that don't get Boston media coverage. Philly should be a priority, and we should try to get a mixture of games against Villanova, St. Joe's and Temple. From there it's a choice of prioritizing regions with good recruiting (Illinois, Indiana, Ohio or Michigan) or bolstering our road schedule with typically respectable mid-majors that aren't too far away (VCU, Memphis, Cincinnati, Rhode Island, Richmond, etc).

Personally, I'd keep doing home-and-home's with Georgetown, and try to play UConn at MSG every year. If that's not possible, add a home-and-home with St. John's to get us into MSG the year's we can't get UConn in, so only play 2 of those 3 rivals. I'd like to play Villanova maybe 2 out of every 5-6 years home-and-home, and get into Philly a couple times in between through home-and-home's with Temple and St. Joe's, IF they will move their home game to the Wells Fargo Center (assuming that's possible). To me, that makes it reasonable for us to give them a home-and-home. So that's three games a year against GTown, UConn/STJ and a Philly school. One in the ACC/B1G Challenge, and I'd schedule 1-2 road games (depending on whether we play at home in the ACC/B1G and how many road games we had from the others mentioned) a year. Try to avoid sub-200 schools, and ditch Colgate in my opinion.

Once we've got 20 conference games, we're down to 7 non-conference plus an MTE, so you are pretty limited at that point. 3 cupcakes, GTown, UConn, Philly school, ACC/B1g and that's that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom