How About It for Andrew White? | Syracusefan.com

How About It for Andrew White?

I said this in another thread over the weekend -- it is rare that a transfer comes in and lives up to the full extent of the hype, but White certainly has. He's everything that he was suggested to be [flaws and all].

We're lucky to have him--it took awhile for him to get his sea legs with the zone--but his shooting prowess was a much needed boon.

I have praised him repeatedly for weeks. Not sure what more there is to say. He is our best player and we are probably under .500 without him

For a while, I pegged him as not athletically strong enough to perform consistently well in this conference. But things are now clicking for him with the zone, and he's been an absolute beast with help defense the past couple of weeks while unleashing athleticism I didn't know he had. I've gone from liking him to bowing at his altar. He's going to have a nice overseas career.

I've been in his corner all year, and each game my admiration for him grows. With 15 teams in the ACC, it's always difficult to make 1st team All-Conference, but he has a legitimate shot if he continues doing what he's doing. No one else has a legitimate shot for 1st team. Lydon could squeak in for 2nd team.

Such a relief when he shoots a three in that i know that if he misses his next will be more likely to connect as he will have made the necessary adjustment. Like shooting a rifle at a target, he homes in. What a comparison to shakey potatoes with his wildly erratic aim and inconsistency. Used to make me cringe. White shots make me happy.

Such a relief when he shoots a three in that i know that if he misses his next will be more likely to connect as he will have made the necessary adjustment. Like shooting a rifle at a target, he homes in. What a comparison to shakey potatoes with his wildly erratic aim and inconsistency. Used to make me cringe. White shots make me happy.
The dude's form looks the same 99% of the time - he is so crazy consistent - no matter if there is someone in his face or hes wide open

He has also perfected that little subtle push off move without getting called for a foul.

I think AW3 is thrilled he came here - not only has our play ticked up and we're putting ourselves in a better position for a bid in March, but he's diversified his game, he is scoring at an extremely high level in the best conference ein the country, and he's getting national press.

He's been fantastic in ACC play, and his defense over the last 6-8 games has been so much better than it was earlier in the year. I've really enjoyed watching him progress as he's gotten more comfortable in Boeheim's system.

Andrew White is one of the toughest competitors we have had in Syracuse in many years. With guys like him, you win games. Took him a bit to adjust to the zone.

seems like a nice guy. i've met him several times when he was working at the YMCA in oneida. real down to earth.

(i keed i keed)

Andrew White and I scored a ride from Fat Rob Johnson to a road game once.

I think the most underrated aspect of his game is his rebounding. He rebounds about as well as I can remember anyone doing for someone his height on the wing for us (Paul Harris?) He consistently gets the ball at it's highest point when surrounded by the opposing team. That one defensive rebound he had for us in the Clemson game with about 2 minutes to go that was close to an over the back was the unsung play of the game. It was essentially a steal, and one that prevented a an easy layup. If he doesn't get that, there's no way we win.

I think the most underrated aspect of his game is his rebounding. He rebounds about as well as I can remember anyone doing for someone his height on the wing for us (Paul Harris?) He consistently gets the ball at it's highest point when surrounded by the opposing team. That one defensive rebound he had for us in the Clemson game with about 2 minutes to go that was close to an over the back was the unsung play of the game. It was essentially a steal, and one that prevented a an easy layup. If he doesn't get that, there's no way we win.
He has had some nice rebounding games and occasionally pulls down a tough board, but statistically he is average at best. Paul Harris was an absolute beast on the glass, and was at least 3 inches shorter than White.

Understands how to position himself and has grown-man strength. White is the perfect example of not having an incredible vertical and still being a very effective rebounder.

Plus, he has the will to go and get the ball.

He has had some nice rebounding games and occasionally pulls down a tough board, but statistically he is average at best. Paul Harris was an absolute beast on the glass, and was at least 3 inches shorter than White.

He's been much better at rebounding, and he seems to go and get the 'really important' rebound when we need it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom