how about sid... | Syracusefan.com

how about sid...

If he can get and stay healthy, he'll be better than Rak. He's not a beast on the boards but he has the unique ability to know where the rebound is going to be.
Strong prediction. Let's remember that Rak was 1st team All-ACC & a 3rd team All American senior year. Averaged 17 & 9 while facing a year-long double team. I think Sidibe may put up more steady numbers over 4 years but not sure he reaches Rak's ceiling. I think a healthy 1-2 punch of him & Chukwu is the key next year along with Frank playing like a senior PG.

Last edited:
Strong prediction. Let's remember that Rak was 1st team All-ACC & a 3rd team All American senior year. I think Sidibe may put up more steady numbers over 4 years but not sure he reaches Rak's ceiling. I think a healthy 1-2 punch of him & Chukwu is the key next year along with Frank playing like a senior PG.

it wasn't until his senior year that rak averaged more then 6 ppg or 5 rpg.

it wasn't until his senior year that rak averaged more then 6 ppg or 5 rpg.
Right. I think Sidibe could easily exceed Rak's Soph & Junior #s, even splitting time with Chukwu next year. I'd be ecstatic for them to give us a combined 17 & 9 next year (Rak's senior #s).

I think that a healthy Sid will be a really fantastic player for Syracuse. I love the way he plays.
I agree as he is my favorite player. But if he is ok next year we would actually have to pass into the post. He has Rak potential as a sr being a soph. Love this kid.

I wished the guards would have fed him tonight. Even LaPhonso pointed out that he was posting up, and nobody was passing to him. Reminded me of some other fairly recent Cuse teams who didnt feed the bigs.
i agree it would have been nice to see sid get the ball, but the problem was that nc defended our guards so well and kept them so far from the hoop that they could not get into position to see passing lanes.

He's shown he's a very good rebounder in limited action, better than PC. He seems to have that innate understanding of the skill and what he needs to do. Love that.

Unfortunately his defense was awful all year. He just didn't seem to understand the zone, spacing or how to challenge a shot without fouling. Hopefully, a year under his belt will help. He really needs to add some strength too.

Wasn’t hid d a good bit better early on when he could move and jump. He is very limited. He does go up for first fake all the time but it’s because he doesn’t have explosiveness with knee to make shooter committ and then block shot.

Wasn’t hid d a good bit better early on when he could move and jump. He is very limited. He does go up for first fake all the time but it’s because he doesn’t have explosiveness with knee to make shooter committ and then block shot.
Maybe, but it was weaker competition and smaller opponents, for the most part, then.

The injury is obviously a major part of how little he could contribute on both ends at the end of the year. Hopefully, he'll get healthy and stronger.

We have every peice to be a successful team next season except a reliable threat at the 5 who we can just dump the ball to and let go to work. Chukwu is showing a lot of promise as an alley-oop finisher. But Sidibe is the best bet as a consistent scorer, if he can stay healthy. He could very well be the difference maker next year between the team being fringe top 25 or straight up top 5. If Bazley attracts the attention that he should, Sidibe should find a bunch of room in the paint to go to work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom